Greenpeace protests in Houston

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
I tend to stay out of the NS threads for the most part, but I’ll share this one. 11 protesters have suspended themselves from the Fred Hartman bridge over the Houston Ship Channel. They’re expected to continue for 24 hrs.
I am currently on anchor because of the closure of HSC. Anytime the HSC is closed it costs millions upon millions of dollars in commerce to be delayed.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...s-houston-bridge-protest-fossil-fuel-n1053036

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I don't believe I've ever seen a Greenpeace activist resist arrest. I don't like protesters who interfere with someone else's job, but at least they are non violent and (to my knowledge) accept their punishment when the protest is over.
the folks doing these actions (at least the folks directly doing the stuff) know they are going to jail. these folks actually do quite a bit of preparation and generally know what they are getting themselves into.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Roughly 30 hours.
Company rules prohibit divulging specific information. A delay like that doesn’t cost my company money or me personally, but it’s frustrating none the less.
The channel’s been closed at least 2 other times this year. It’s kinda routine. Did you come here through the Gulf or the Intercostal?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I fully support anyone’s right to protest, even if I don’t agree with their cause. But I strongly oppose a protest that disrupts the lives and daily routine of others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.