DirecTV could drop ESPN Networks & ABC tonight - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: DirecTV could drop ESPN Networks & ABC tonight

I've had AT&T Now for over a year. It's the only one with every channel I want. YouTube and PS Vue are missing A&E, History, etc... Hulu is missing AMC among others. Sling has no local channels and I'm too far out to receive them OTA.

We went over a month with no CBS earlier and we may lose ESPN now. CBS came back before football season (it's the only thing I watch on CBS). I couldn't care less if ESPN, ABC, and CBS disappeared between mid-January through late August but not having them during college football season is a non-starter. Other than going back to cable, I'll have nowhere else to turn.
    Last edited by BamaSC; September 13th, 2019 at 03:12 PM.

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar

Wasnt ATT in a dispute with CBS and Nexstar like a month ago, risking a loss of CBS programming? Did they get that solved? In any case, these disputes happen all the time but I would love any loss to directtv. What a scam considering the other options. Hulu works best for our family; and you can have access to the EAPN app. Very nice.
    At Some Places They Play Football.
    At Alabama, We LIVE It.

"...Ain't nothin' but a winner."

I can understand people being frustrated at the thought of losing ESPN and ABC during football season, but a lot of people complain about the high prices, too. Those two issues are connected. If satellite and cable providers cave in every time one of the programmers raises the carriage fees, then the subscribers have to pay more. My guess is they will get this settled quickly. The CBS dispute got settled right before the football season started.

BamaNation Hall of Fame theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by JTBama View Post
    Same here, we are very pleased with YouTube TV and it pretty much gives us all the channels we like including every sports channel we need
    I like YouTube TV. I subscribe at the beginning of college football season and at the end of it, I unsubscribe. It is a lot more stable than it has been. So far so good but it is getting more and more expensive each year. I am paying close to $50/month for it right now.
    I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games. - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

Those of you with options; good for you. If you live out in the sticks and no option but satellite, it is a tough pill to swallow. ATT's focus is for wireless internet it appears to me. They do not care how many DirecTv satellite customers or cable customers they lose.
    "May the Tide Be with You"

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaFlum's Avatar

If they do drop ESPN and Im locked in until November, could I drop them early for breach of contract? I signed with the expectation of ESPN; therefore, the are not fulfilling the contract I signed.

Thoughts? I would love to drop them and pick up Hulu Live or Youtube TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTR!

BamaNation Second Team

Wow, these decisions by DirecTV will be their undoing. Sports channels during football season....insanity on their part. People will get the games elsewhere and never go back. Arrogance.

We ditched Satellite and just use Sling TV and the sports package.
    Football changes and so do people. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tide.Life86 View Post
    My wife and I recently switched to Youtube TV and we love it. I have not been a fan of DTV for a couple of years now, the customer service was awful when we had it
    We switched to YouTube TV a couple weeks ago as well and we love it too. It has more than enough to watch + we have an antenna for all the Huntsville stations. YouTube TV has all the Network sport channels plus BTN and SEC. It works great and is reasonably priced, IMO.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    I like YouTube TV. I subscribe at the beginning of college football season and at the end of it, I unsubscribe. It is a lot more stable than it has been. So far so good but it is getting more and more expensive each year. I am paying close to $50/month for it right now.
    We upgraded to the new HULU box and it does not lag like the old model. 49.99 pre month compared to 100.00 for the cable/satellite. A bargain.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

BamaNation First Team Jay Hughes's Avatar

ESPN is still working this morning on my Directv.

I have direct TV because ATT forced a switch from U-verse to clear bandwidth for faster internet service. If you are paying a high price for DTV, negotiate a better deal. With all the cord cutters, you the consumer are in a favorable position. I hate it because sometimes I spend hours on the phone , but I have pretty much gotten the packages I want for a good price. My deals have always come in for around $100 for all the channels and their fastest Internet service, plus 4 extra boxes. My current contract is $104.
    to 16 and beyond........

I wouldn't plan my gameday around it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hughes View Post
    ESPN is still working this morning on my Directv.