DirecTV could drop ESPN Networks & ABC tonight

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
All I know is we have had Charter and Direct TV. Now we have YouTube TV and it works fine for us for half the price. I am happy and plan on keeping it.
I have a Roku Stick + thats supposed to arrive tomorrow.
I checked the providers and I'm choosing You Tube also.

I got the letter from AT&T last month informing me that U verse was going up.
I have a couple of buddies who have already switched.
They are paying bout 1/3 of what I'm paying.
BTW... I don't have the top package with U verse.
You Tube offers the programming I'm looking for.
Going Going Gone...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I have a Roku Stick + thats supposed to arrive tomorrow.
I checked the providers and I'm choosing You Tube also.

I got the letter from AT&T last month informing me that U verse was going up.
I have a couple of buddies who have already switched.
They are paying bout 1/3 of what I'm paying.
BTW... I don't have the top package with U verse.
You Tube offers the programming I'm looking for.
Going Going Gone...
You'll love it. We went with PS Vue because the Amazon Firestick 4K doesn't support YouTube TV. But we've been VERY VERY pleased and actually are getting more content than we had with DirectTV for over 60% less the price.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
direct tv is hurting big time. losing thousands daily in subscriptions. They will really be in trouble when the NFL package leaves them. Nfl discussing splitting up the rights or switching to a whole different platform.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
direct tv is hurting big time. losing thousands daily in subscriptions. They will really be in trouble when the NFL package leaves them. Nfl discussing splitting up the rights or switching to a whole different platform.
They aren't even trying to entice people to stay anymore. They are offering customers calling to cancel to switch to their DirectTV Now streaming service rather than offering discounted packages to stay with their satellite service. They know that model is dying and probably aren't doing much at this point to save it.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
what made me mad was that they kept upping my price. telling me to call back next month several times to get a promotion. Never happened so I canceled. Then they charged me for the whole month when I only used 2 days that month. They said they dont prorate a bill which is ridiculous and unfair. So i paid 100$ plus dollars for 2 days of direct tv. cant stand that company.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
what made me mad was that they kept upping my price. telling me to call back next month several times to get a promotion. Never happened so I canceled. Then they charged me for the whole month when I only used 2 days that month. They said they dont prorate a bill which is ridiculous and unfair. So i paid 100$ plus dollars for 2 days of direct tv. cant stand that company.
They are subsidizing the revenue they're losing from cancelling customers with the customers that choose to stay. It'll get to a point where that doesn't work either.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I was just stood in line at the WOW! internet cable company in Huntsville, actually to arrange an internet repair service call (they kept dropping my call on the help line). Everybody lined up had cable boxes under their arms, cancelling their service. I bet WOW! loses 20-50 customers PER DAY, just in Huntsville. There is a sea change happening, these cable companies got their cheese moved. Will the last subscriber please turn out the lights?

Huntsville just got 1GB Google fiber - and when it comes to Madison, you can sign me up.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I was just stood in line at the WOW! internet cable company in Huntsville, actually to arrange an internet repair service call (they kept dropping my call on the help line). Everybody lined up had cable boxes under their arms, cancelling their service. I bet WOW! loses 20-50 customers PER DAY, just in Huntsville. There is a sea change happening, these cable companies got their cheese moved. Will the last subscriber please turn out the lights?

Huntsville just got 1GB Google fiber - and when it comes to Madison, you can sign me up.
I live in South Huntsville and have had Google fiber for a little over a year now. We have the 100mbps for $50/month and have been very pleased. No data caps and no hidden charges. Straight $50 per month. They also have 1gbps for $70.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I live in South Huntsville and have had Google fiber for a little over a year now. We have the 100mbps for $50/month and have been very pleased. No data caps and no hidden charges. Straight $50 per month. They also have 1gbps for $70.
I’d give anything for 1Gbps Internet at that price, especially if the upload was that high. I’m paying double that for 500Mbps down with a measly 30Mbps up...meh.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.