DirecTV could drop ESPN Networks & ABC tonight

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This could be a case where Directv may not bounce back from this.... Lose ABC and ESPN and whew.... They will lose lot of people. I would be first one to sign up for WOW internet on Monday.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
I dropped DIRECT TV a couple months ago. What made me really mad was that they didnt prorate my bill. So i paid for 29 days that I didnt have the service. The managers were absolute jerks. I hope this hurts them in the long run.

Tide.Life86

Jan 9, 2019
My wife and I recently switched to Youtube TV and we love it. I have not been a fan of DTV for a couple of years now, the customer service was awful when we had it

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
Been with DTV forever and I already planned to switch next week, before this. Tired of their high pricing and not willing to negotiate, sick of their customer service since ATT bought them etc. But in their defense, this is as much on ESPN as is it DTV. ESPN holds all these carriers hostage.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
My wife and I recently switched to Youtube TV and we love it. I have not been a fan of DTV for a couple of years now, the customer service was awful when we had it
Same here, we are very pleased with YouTube TV and it pretty much gives us all the channels we like including every sports channel we need

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
I've had AT&T Now for over a year. It's the only one with every channel I want. YouTube and PS Vue are missing A&E, History, etc... Hulu is missing AMC among others. Sling has no local channels and I'm too far out to receive them OTA.

We went over a month with no CBS earlier and we may lose ESPN now. CBS came back before football season (it's the only thing I watch on CBS). I couldn't care less if ESPN, ABC, and CBS disappeared between mid-January through late August but not having them during college football season is a non-starter. Other than going back to cable, I'll have nowhere else to turn.

Last edited:

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Wasn’t ATT in a dispute with CBS and Nexstar like a month ago, risking a loss of CBS programming? Did they get that solved? In any case, these disputes happen all the time but I would love any loss to directtv. What a scam considering the other options. Hulu works best for our family; and you can have access to the EAPN app. Very nice.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I can understand people being frustrated at the thought of losing ESPN and ABC during football season, but a lot of people complain about the high prices, too. Those two issues are connected. If satellite and cable providers cave in every time one of the programmers raises the carriage fees, then the subscribers have to pay more. My guess is they will get this settled quickly. The CBS dispute got settled right before the football season started.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Same here, we are very pleased with YouTube TV and it pretty much gives us all the channels we like including every sports channel we need
I like YouTube TV. I subscribe at the beginning of college football season and at the end of it, I unsubscribe. It is a lot more stable than it has been. So far so good but it is getting more and more expensive each year. I am paying close to $50/month for it right now.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
Those of you with options; good for you. If you live out in the sticks and no option but satellite, it is a tough pill to swallow. ATT's focus is for wireless internet it appears to me. They do not care how many DirecTv satellite customers or cable customers they lose.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
If they do drop ESPN and I’m locked in until November, could I drop them early for breach of contract? I signed with the expectation of ESPN; therefore, the are not fulfilling the contract I signed.

Thoughts? I would love to drop them and pick up Hulu Live or Youtube TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Wow, these decisions by DirecTV will be their undoing. Sports channels during football season....insanity on their part. People will get the games elsewhere and never go back. Arrogance.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.