Bama Game Thread: Official PreGame Thread Bama vs. USCe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkg

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 12, 2014
www.facebook.com
Roll Tide. Here’s to hoping we see the run game get it going this week, no injuries, and the passing game continuing to be dominant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I'll revise my previous statement... Herbstreit actually offers insight. He's the only one. Corso lost whatever edge he once had and they treat him more like a mascot now. Rece is not what he was on Gameday Final. Desmond Howard is a clown. Pollack is good when they let him. The rest is just meh to me. I'll take a pass on (most of) Rinaldi's stuff. He's a great story teller if that's what you want on a football show. Maybe I'm just cold-hearted ... Of course, that's not really true (usually) :D

Roll Tide!

PS> I know I know! It's not just a football show. It's about the college football LIFE. But - to me - it still is tedious watching all the forced feel-good / feel-bad non-football stuff
I actually left with the last half-hour to go - even though I wanted to see and hear from Eric Church as the guest picker - to make a provision run to Publix.

Had my Gator flag flying on my truck on the way and of course wore my Gator blue camo cap inside. That place was crowded as always on a Saturday, but I had to get a few essentials...milk....eggs.....cheetos.....and of course some Sheba cat food for my little boy, Tucker.

The cashier, an older gentleman, said "I'm interested in seeing how we do tonight." Then the bag girl said "I like your cap!" We talked about Kentucky's defensive line and how Franks would do and then of course our salty defense...and our sack total of 15 thus far. And Jonathan Greenard - our monster edge rusher LB transfer from Louisville. :) Good way to end the conversation as I paid and started away with my cart.

Then...as I was loading my goods into my truck I hear someone yell "Stop". I look over and there was a minor fender bender as the woman in front of me was backing out another woman in a pickup started backing up (she was in the roadway) and her left rear put a nice dent in the other lady's right rear corner - on the side. Some people are just in a big hurry, ya know?

Getting back to the CGD crew - pretty much agree with your assessment. But you know I LOVE Coach Corso and will ALWAYS support the man. He IS the icon of college gameday!

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Pretty much accomplished all I'm going to today, fortunately my list was rather short. Dog sitting for my son as he took my tickets to the USCe game - and didn't invite me to go! Kids these days. ;)

The only time I tune in to Game Day is weekends when there is no Premier League. This morning Liverpool had the 6:30 game and won, again. So I watch soccer until the 11:00 kickoffs get here.

Tired and weary of hearing about the '10 game. So, let's break the wings of those little banty roosters. RTR!!!

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
My power keeps blinking on and off. This better not keep happening.
Since I wasn't able to justify the cost of a whole-home backup generator when we were remodeling this house, I instead wired the "A/V wall" in the living-room to support up to four, dedicated, battery backup sources so my entire entertainment system, including surround-sound, can run for over two hours with no power. If the outage lasts longer, I can also hook up a portable generator outside to supply power to that wall and select lights throughout the house.
:biggrin2:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Since I wasn't able to justify the cost of a whole-home backup generator when we were remodeling this house, I instead wired the "A/V wall" in the living-room to support up to four, dedicated, battery backup sources so my entire entertainment system, including surround-sound, can run for over two hours with no power. If the outage lasts longer, I can also hook up a portable generator outside to supply power to that wall and select lights throughout the house.
:biggrin2:
Man I want a whole home generator. But you've just given me a great idea for the mean time until I can afford one.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Man I want a whole home generator. But you've just given me a great idea for the mean time until I can afford one.
I have a 55KW, converted to propane, in my shop which I can feed most of the house with. I have a Honda 2KW I use for one fridge and freezer. I don't use the big one unless the outage is going to be lengthy. I have enough propane for about five days...

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I have a 55KW, converted to propane, in my shop which I can feed most of the house with. I have a Honda 2KW I use for one fridge and freezer. I don't use the big one unless the outage is going to be lengthy. I have enough propane for about five days...
No natural gas up on the mountain?
;-)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Late start to the day for me but I'm more than ready for this game.

All of my Mom's remaining family lives in South Carolina and half are either USCe or Clemson fans.

I hope to make some return phone calls this year starting today!!!

Roll Tide!!!

bamabill123

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2018
I'll revise my previous statement... Herbstreit actually offers insight. He's the only one. Corso lost whatever edge he once had and they treat him more like a mascot now. Rece is not what he was on Gameday Final. Desmond Howard is a clown. Pollack is good when they let him. The rest is just meh to me. I'll take a pass on (most of) Rinaldi's stuff. He's a great story teller if that's what you want on a football show. Maybe I'm just cold-hearted ... Of course, that's not really true (usually) :D

Roll Tide!

PS> I know I know! It's not just a football show. It's about the college football LIFE. But - to me - it still is tedious watching all the forced feel-good / feel-bad non-football stuff
this is all focus groups and consultants, they say this is what you really want to see, but i've never met many CFB fans that agree...

Last edited by a moderator:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
No natural gas up on the mountain?
;-)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk
No. We have a 420 tank for our gas range and gas logs. For the generator, I have a couple of 100 lb bottles and several backup 20 lb bottles with adapters. The last time they tried to get it up here, the hookon fee was $1500 and that was about 20 years ago. Not enough families signed up. They're trying again with a smaller fee. IDK at this point if I'd sign up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.