Bama Game Thread: Official Game Thread Bama vs. USCe, 2nd Half...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Just curious,.....why not?
Because it's a perfect form tackle?
Their helmets touched facemask to facemask and he wrapped him up around the chest and shoulders. Perfection. I'd hope to hit every defender, including the quarterback with that technique every single time. Apparently a perfect tackle is targeting.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

LeBron47

1st Team
Aug 30, 2007
They have ruined the sport of football that hit two years ago is legal ... gave S.C. the final touchdown.... at least we had our twos and threes in when they scored

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Not disputing you, but Muschamp wanted a flag.
He wanted a flag on the hit.

My point was that there shouldn't have been a hit. He was too focused on making the hit and missed making the play. He should have had his eyes up, made the pick, ran for six points, and paraded the "Ball-Out Belt" around the sideline.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
That was utter crap. Completely egregious. Did not launch. Did not touch the head or neck. Did not hit late. And to have the stupid announcer ref agree with the call.

I know it's meaningless at this point (unless you bet on the game), but that has to be one of the worst calls I've every seen. Muschamp got in the refs heads.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Because it's a perfect form tackle?
Their helmets touched facemask to facemask and he wrapped him up around the chest and shoulders. Perfection. I'd hope to hit every defender, including the quarterback with that technique every single time. Apparently a perfect tackle is targeting.
Sorry, but you're wrong - form tackle is facemask to the chest. Been that way for a century.

That was targeting, whether you guys like it or not. YOU CANNOT HIT THE QB IN THE HEAD. It's not really debatable...

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Just curious,.....why not?
Because targeting by definition includes malicious intent. I don't think the intent was there, he was just making a play. It was too high but it was more like a bear hug that leading with the helmet. Like I said, I understand why it was called though.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Sorry, but you're wrong - form tackle is facemask to the chest. Been that way for a century.

That was targeting, whether you guys like it or not. YOU CANNOT HIT THE QB IN THE HEAD. It's not really debatable...
I disagree that he hit him in the head at all. There is a certain point where it is completey incidental and unavoidable unless we want to put flags on them and stop tackling.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Bogus:

1) he hit him just before hit let the pass go.

2) barmore was trying to hit him to disrupt the throw.

3) it was face mask to face mask. No lower head, no launching, no intent to injury him.

I understand “forceable” contact to the head and shoulders but some of this stuff isn just football.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA

Well, maybe you could go personal foul for hitting him in the head, but I still say it shouldn't be targeting as his head was up and he didn't launch. Two plays from the end, and now he has to sit out a half for that.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

It was targeting, but that is not the type of hit that they were trying to eliminate from the game when they first implemented it. The QB was not defenseless. He was stepping into a pass when he was hit. He took that risk, and I respect that, but he got hit because he put himself at risk, not because the defender did anything wrong, IMO. The helmets barely touched. ticky, tack call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.