Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread Bama vs. USCe...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
This wasn't a clean game. Ray going down really really stinks. But my expectations for this team have not changed much.

I used to think we'd crush LSU now I think we'll beat them in a game that is closer than we'd all like.

aTm we will beat with relative ease but the score will make it seem like it was closer than it was. Game shouldn't ever be in doubt.

Auburn. I'm not even slightly worried about this team but maybe I'm blind.

Now, Georgia worries me a heck of a lot more than they did to start the season. That's my biggest change. I'm not sure we're better than Georgia. We have the better QB and WRs though.
what has georgia done in the past three games that would cause a change? they beat vandy, murray state and arky state.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
what has georgia done in the past three games that would cause a change? they beat vandy, murray state and arky state.
Nothing. Its us I'm more concerned about. Injuries mostly. I'm worried Swift will run wild on us. Similar worry about ETN at Clemson

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Well we actually have to play them first. Nothing guarantees we will. Our defense will get better. I wish no ill will on any player, but what if Swift or ETN get hurt?
Well, yeah. But if we make the SEC championship game and the playoffs we should be expecting those 2 teams to be waiting for us. Regardless I'm a little more worried by those potential match ups than I was before the season started.

it's a long season. last year, our offense was unstoppable, until it wasn't
Of course. Not claiming I know with 100% certainty what will happen but those are my worries at this point in the season.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Well, yeah. But if we make the SEC championship game and the playoffs we should be expecting those 2 teams to be waiting for us. Regardless I'm a little more worried by those potential match ups than I was before the season started.

Of course. Not claiming I know with 100% certainty what will happen but those are my worries at this point in the season.
i still think uga stumbles along the way and doesn't make the seccg

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
They may but I think they could probably lose a game and still make the SECCG.

Out of curiosity who do you think they lose to?
i am guessing they will crap the bed some and drop 2 of the barn, a and m, florida, south carolina. after i've had a few beers, i put tennessee and kentucky in that list too ;)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
it's a long season. last year, our offense was unstoppable, until it wasn't
It got stopped because better teams made adjustments and we didn't. IDK if it were because Locks was married to it or we maxed out his inventory. Tua has a lot better chance of surviving the season this year...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
It got stopped because better teams made adjustments and we didn't. IDK if it were because Locks was married to it or we maxed out his inventory. Tua has a lot better chance of surviving the season this year...
I do like the new wrinkle of Slade Bolden in the Wildcat. If memory serves, he can throw it.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Sark is a much better OC than Locks...
This. So far, Sark has shown improvement and the ability to adapt in game and week to week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is amazing what Coach Sark can do when he has had time to prepare and actually call plays with the team instead of getting thrown in the fire like the national championship a few years ago. I just hope he can stick around for some stability with the team.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
My observation from the two TF inside backers: Harris is athletic enough to make all they plays but is still processing a little slowly. Lee processes faster but doesn't have the same athleticism as Harris. In fact, Lee is more of a throwback "thumper" linebacker that will struggle anywhere outside of the tackle box. He's pretty good in the box defending the run but anything to the edge of the field or in coverage and he just can't get there. Not sure how we can play him vs LSU, AU and other spread teams who press the edge of the field with elite speed. Will be a conundrum for the coaching staff to solve..

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I do like the new wrinkle of Slade Bolden in the Wildcat. If memory serves, he can throw it.
We relied on Jacobs in the wildcat last year for short yardage. For some reason the offensive line cannot get any push on short yardage plays and thus the wildcat was reintroduced. Looks like it carried over this year with Slade..

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
..........but if they lose this QB then they won't even make a bowl game. Losing him in garbage time just to keep the score closer was stupid. But I bet that USCe fans are glad that he did.
I was at the game, and based on the SC fans around me, you'd think they won the game when SC score that last garbage touchdown. Yeah....they wanted him to stay in.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.