Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread Bama vs. USCe...

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I was at the game, and based on the SC fans around me, you'd think they won the game when SC score that last garbage touchdown. Yeah....they wanted him to stay in.
Muschamp never struck me as the brightest human being. Good defensive coordinator but not a genius.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We relied on Jacobs in the wildcat last year for short yardage. For some reason the offensive line cannot get any push on short yardage plays and thus the wildcat was reintroduced. Looks like it carried over this year with Slade..
Yeah, but Slade is tiny.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Could be that the staff just like what he does in practice and his wildcat stuff is a reward for hardwork. Definitely think we're setting that up for a trick play down the line.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
After hearing about the LaBryan Ray injury this morning, I believe it becomes more critical for our o-line to solve it’s issues in the run game and and pass protection. Given the injuries and inexperience on the defensive side of the ball, it maybe one of those seasons where we surrender 25 or more points per game as rule rather than an exception.

For that reason it is imperative we make sure we keep Tua upright and healthy through the season. I think we’ve seen already this season a concentration by Sark on Tua remaining in
the pocket going through progressions and less keeping the ball on RPOs and absorbing that punishment.

A game like LSU make come down to us simply out scoring them and hope our D makes some key stops along the way. And a healthy Tua will be essential in doing that.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Barmore impressed me. I get that he was going up against gassed OL. But, they were starters and he made an impact. I hope to see more of him sooner than not. Some guys shine brighter at game time.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
Barmore impressed me. I get that he was going up against gassed OL. But, they were starters and he made an impact. I hope to see more of him sooner than not. Some guys shine brighter at game time.
Absolutely. I don't mind the penalty. He was aggressive.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
After hearing about the LaBryan Ray injury this morning, I believe it becomes more critical for our o-line to solve it’s issues in the run game and and pass protection. Given the injuries and inexperience on the defensive side of the ball, it maybe one of those seasons where we surrender 25 or more points per game as rule rather than an exception.

For that reason it is imperative we make sure we keep Tua upright and healthy through the season. I think we’ve seen already this season a concentration by Sark on Tua remaining in
the pocket going through progressions and less keeping the ball on RPOs and absorbing that punishment.

A game like LSU make come down to us simply out scoring them and hope our D makes some key stops along the way. And a healthy Tua will be essential in doing that.
That may get us through the LSU game but it is not a recipe to win out, in the playoffs, and/or win a NC. Unless we dramatically improve our run game and D, we will suffer losses in November.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
RJ, I may be wrong, but looking it up, appears Ole Siss was the only team that played back to back on the road in '12 and '13, and it was against us in TTown.
You are probably right. I might be thinking of those Florida-LSU hurricane delay games that seemed to happen a few years in a row.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.