Game Thread: Jalen Hurts vs Ucla

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Amazing how quick some success can cause a person to lose touch with the traits that made them greater than their talent. Maybe they don't have the right kind of pie in Oklahoma.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Mack Brown must have been talking to Jalen about excuse making.

There is also the small chance that they misquoted him but they made it sound like a direct quote.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Mack Brown must have been talking to Jalen about excuse making.

There is also the small chance that they misquoted him but they made it sound like a direct quote.
That's why I personally don't have any kind of issue with him since transferring.

I have not heard Jalen take any kind of direct or indirect shot at Alabama or the coaches.

He may or may not have but it hasn't been on TV or Radio.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
If it comes down to Jalen vs. Tua for the Heisman, the media will give it to Jalen just for the story no matter if he’s the deserving player or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
If it comes down to Jalen vs. Tua for the Heisman, the media will give it to Jalen just for the story no matter if he’s the deserving player or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe...he's not a bad dude so I won't be mad. I just won't like the stupid people saying it's cause of the OK coach. Jalen was good even before getting there. So this is all because he's a great athlete.

Rolltidegirl205

All-SEC
Sep 20, 2014
Have to give him credit, Jalen is playing lights out. I'll always see him as a Alabama player, so it's hard not to root for him. If he wins heismen he deserves it.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Jalen Hurts can under ZERO circumstances win the Heisman Trophy -period.

You cannot possibly be the best player in the country when you're not even the best player on the team you left and (key point here) the guy who beat you out.....because he was a better player...is STILL playing.

What's funny is that everyone rants about "Alabama privilege," but if Hurts ran up these stats at Texas Tech rather than Oklahoma, nobody with a brain would say, "He's a Heisman winner." But you put an OU jersey on the kid and magically a "system" turns into "we have the best player."

I tend to be fine with a lot of Sooner fans (including wishbonesooner and owenfielddreams here), but this whole narrative of Lincoln Riley turning Hurts into some kind of other worldly football player is laughable on its face.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.