JessN: USC recap: Explosive offense makes up for a defensive off-day

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
i could only watch the first half yesterday. did he run at all yesterday? if he is able to keep the better defenses on their heels while in the pocket, i would think that is going to provide some opportunity for huge plays with him running. he is deadly with those short to mid distance throws.
It's tempting to want him to run, but I don't. I get nervous every time he gets pressured. If you told me he had to stay behind the LOS all year and in turn he'd be 100 percent for every game, I'll take that tradeoff every. single. time.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
It's tempting to want him to run, but I don't. I get nervous every time he gets pressured. If you told me he had to stay behind the LOS all year and in turn he'd be 100 percent for every game, I'll take that tradeoff every. single. time.

​Lord, I reckon!!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i am very happy he is staying in the pocket more. i don't want him running a lot, i'm just thinking that some folks may forget he can run like a deer and let their guard down at a crucial point, much like uga did last year when they had to face a much improved jalen.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
FitToBeTide,
Thanks for finding this 12 year old thread....great read, and really nice to see names that I recall when first joining. Memory Lane!

PS-how did you find this thread?
Pretty easy. Googled his name, in the results was a link to Tidefans.com that contained the question, " what happened to Linnie Patrick?".

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
There is a still shot of his foot that makes it crystal clear - he scored.

Can you explain why this wasn't challenged? I am not up to date with all the rules, but I jumped off the couch when this was not called a TD. What exactly is replay rule in college FTB? Ty

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Can you explain why this wasn't challenged? I am not up to date with all the rules, but I jumped off the couch when this was not called a TD. What exactly is replay rule in college FTB? Ty
The review center in Birmingham is supposed to look at every play. There is no excuse for not taking the time to do that, but Saban could have demanded it and chose not to do so, so there is shared blame there, IMO.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.