Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Administrator &
    Editor-in-Chief

Article USC recap: Explosive offense makes up for a defensive off-day

USC recap: Explosive offense makes up for a defensive off-day
    by Jess Nicholas
    TideFans Editor-In-Chief
    September 14th, 2019 07:50 PM

South Carolina might not be one of the elite teams in the SEC in 2019, but there is one truism about almost all SEC programs: If you want to know exactly where you stand, give an SEC program a week or two to prepare for you. At the end of the day, the Alabama […]

Read More Here
    Jess Nicholas
    Editor-In-Chief
    TideFans.com

Re: USC recap: Explosive offense makes up for a defensive off-day

Nice write up .

I wasn’t impressed with the refs, our penalties, and our defense most of the game.

I sure hope the defense and running game is much improved by Texas AM game.

Tua must stay injury free if Bama is to make it to the SEC Championship.

I always enjoy your write ups. Thanks! RTR !

Thanks, Jess for getting this done so soon after the game. I certainly agree with your analysis. The poor tackling across the board is especially worrisome.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I hate games that Gary Danielson announces. Hes always bad, and he brays on and on...
    Our Defense took a step backwards. Suddenly tackling fundamentals were missing.

Tua and our WR were outstanding.
    Harris had the run that will be on highlight reels. Great run.
    Our OL didn't always make holes for our RB.
    We need a consistent performance from our kickers.
    The 13 yard punt was terrible. Missing a FG and an extra point was bad too.

WHAT GAME WERE THE REFS TRYING TO CALL. THEY WERE TERRIBLE...
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; September 15th, 2019 at 12:09 AM.

BamaNation First Team

Speaking of Najee’s resemblance to Linnie Patrick, I remember how good LP was in Jasper’s High School, and I recall that he didn’t see the field that much in college (I think Bryant discipline was the reason), until he had that incredibly great game late in his college career against Auburn.....but does anyone recall why didn’t he ever make it to the NFL or break out in the NFL?
    Last edited by Jkl0802; September 15th, 2019 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Omitted the word college

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

I know that this seems impossible, but Tua is a much better QB now than he was last year. He is actually reading defenses both before and after the snap. He is making adjustments to blocking protections. He is checking down when appropriate, but going deep when it is there. He is going all the way through his progressions.

USC and Duke both switched their coverages post-snap from zone to man or man to zone, or mixing the two, and Tua picked it up - something that he failed at miserably against Clemson. It is a shame that he was not taught to do this last year.

Thanks for the nice write up Jess! There's definitely work to be done. We should be OK against the Miss'ippi teams, and will have 2 weeks to prepare for TAMU.

BamaNation All-American

Barmore got hosed.

So did a lot of us with that bologna call... on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by G-VilleTider View Post
    Barmore got hosed.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I know that this seems impossible, but Tua is a much better QB now than he was last year. He is actually reading defenses both before and after the snap. He is making adjustments to blocking protections. He is checking down when appropriate, but going deep when it is there. He is going all the way through his progressions.

USC and Duke both switched their coverages post-snap from zone to man or man to zone, or mixing the two, and Tua picked it up - something that he failed at miserably against Clemson. It is a shame that he was not taught to do this last year.
    i could only watch the first half yesterday. did he run at all yesterday? if he is able to keep the better defenses on their heels while in the pocket, i would think that is going to provide some opportunity for huge plays with him running. he is deadly with those short to mid distance throws.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i could only watch the first half yesterday. did he run at all yesterday? if he is able to keep the better defenses on their heels while in the pocket, i would think that is going to provide some opportunity for huge plays with him running. he is deadly with those short to mid distance throws.
    He did not run once. He only left the pocket a few times. Remarkable progress.

BamaNation All-American Probius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    I hate games that Gary Danielson announces. Hes always bad, and he brays on and on...
    Our Defense took a step backwards. Suddenly tackling fundamentals were missing.

Tua and our WR were outstanding.
    Harris had the run that will be on highlight reels. Great run.
    Our OL didn't always make holes for our RB.
    We need a consistent performance from our kickers.
    The 13 yard punt was terrible. Missing a FG and an extra point was bad too.

WHAT GAME WERE THE REFS TRYING TO CALL. THEY WERE TERRIBLE...
    I don't like Gary Danielson either. I watched much of the South Carolina game on mute because I got sick of hearing his voice. Danielson makes the game all about himself. He seems to think he knows better than all of the coaches and gets frustrated when they don't do what he thinks they should. He talks endlessly about what rules changes he thinks the NCAA should make. He has an enormous ego and believes the world revolves around himself.
    “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.” - The Buddha

Formerly Crimson Flyboy.

BamaNation First Team BayouBama75's Avatar

Thanks for the write-up. I think the refs missed a call on TE Tennison (I think). He never went out of bound and his score should have counted and they didn't review it?? I though Lewis was very quiet yesterday but I didn't watch close enough to figure out why. Our D has work to do but they are 100% better than OUs last year. I think they will continue to improve as the season goes on..