Link: Coach Saban's postgame press conference (South Carolina game)

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Here is the press conference after the game:

Oh, and you might enjoy watching Najee's insane run after catch for a TD:

Last edited by a moderator:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
For everyone that fussed about the defense, please pay attention to what Coach says about how they played. They had to keep it very safe and simple because of the freshmen. Explains a ton.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Tua also said that losing to Clemson was a good thing. I didn't agree with that and I don't agree with this D being "okay" at all.
It’s okay that you are not okay. I get it

But everyone needs to at least attempt to realize that this football isn’t 2011 football. It’s not 2015 football either. It changes faster every year.

It will cycle back. But for now, at least for this year.....this is what we have. A powerful passing O. A strong secondary. We are soft on the run on both sides.

He will work to get us better. But this is the 2019 version.

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA
I believe that Bama felt the loss of experience at LB. With Moses in the game, the run D would no doubt be better. But with that said, the TF are getting some good experience that will payoff when Bama gets to the challenging part of their schedule.
Roll Tide!

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
To summarize: the defense isn't great yet but there are a lot of freshmen playing--they will get better as they get more experience.
Also, the RPO led to a lot of passing plays and quick scores which led to 86 plays on defense which wore down the players. NS would like a "more balanced" offense (i.e. more runs) but admits that the RPO dictates a pass when they stack the box with 6-man fronts. So quick aerial scoring--a nice problem to have.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
To summarize: the defense isn't great yet but there are a lot of freshmen playing--they will get better as they get more experience.
Also, the RPO led to a lot of passing plays and quick scores which led to 86 plays on defense which wore down the players. NS would like a "more balanced" offense (i.e. more runs) but admits that the RPO dictates a pass when they stack the box with 6-man fronts. So quick aerial scoring--a nice problem to have.
I agree. I think Coach Saban wishes we had more balance on offense to extend drives and control the game more, but right now we are what we are. We are a team with an extraordinarily talented QB and receivers. Those guys will be able to slice and dice most defenses and put up points. Unfortunately, that leaves our defense on the field too long. Coach Saban knows, of course, as do most other followers of football, that there will be a day when the passing game just doesn't click for whatever reason, and we will need to be able to control the line. We shall see what happens when that day comes. I'm going to sit back and enjoy the show, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about a few things I see. I hope we continue to improve on the little details and the toughness on the line on both sides of the ball. Roll Tide!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
One thing that has to worry Saban - he wants this team to have the "Alabama" mentality. He wants them to impose their will on the other team. He isn't doing that with RPO plays inside the red zone. When you play Clemson, those RPO plays are not going to work. You are going to have to be able to impose your will.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
One thing that has to worry Saban - he wants this team to have the "Alabama" mentality. He wants them to impose their will on the other team. He isn't doing that with RPO plays inside the red zone. When you play Clemson, those RPO plays are not going to work. You are going to have to be able to impose your will.
Or at least make the occasional field goal

I do see he is building great depth.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.