Question: Who are your Top 6 after week 3

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Their defense has played better
Then Wisconsin should be first.

People need to be consistent. Clemson hasn’t played like the best team so far this year. But people are putting them first because they are the defending champs

But that logic would mean Bama has to be second. And definitely ahead of OU and UGA.

If your logic is based on this year alone, then Clemson doesn’t deserve it either.

Hold to a standard that makes sense. But to hold Bama to a higher standard then other schools seems illogical.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Have you seen Georgia play? They're good, but that game yesterday was a joke. Listening to the coverage here about how great Aaron Murray light is...my goodness he didn't have to throw the ball past the line of scrimmage. AK St. couldn't tackle my Nana...(She was pretty quick though!)
I have seen them play and in my opinion they and even a couple other teams just look better at this point in the season than Bama.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I do think Clemson is #1, the other 5 could be arranged anyway you want. As Bill said, the season will sort all of this out. Alabama vs LSU, the winner will get UGA in the SECC game. Oklahoma will probably have to play Texas twice. At this point in the season it would appear that Clemson and tOSU have the inside track to the playoffs.

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
Not a bad list, nothing with which I can quibble.

Hell, I'd be willing to move LSU above us AT THIS TIME because they have a bigger game trophy on the wall with the win over Texas than we do thus far. The numbers 2-6 can be jiggled about almost any way right now, but I'd pretty much rank them the way you have except probably lower us one spot.

I realize the obvious objection will be, "But Clemson hasn't played anybody," which is true. However, Clemson is the defending national champion with an 18-game winning streak so different rules apply to them until they lose or look lackluster in winning (and another unbeaten plays a substantially tougher schedule).
It is probably between Clemson and LSU in the top six as far as who has the best win through three weeks probably Texas in Austin trumps beating A&M at home, although that could be debatable based on how good folks think Texas really is.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Then Wisconsin should be first.

People need to be consistent. Clemson hasn’t played like the best team so far this year. But people are putting them first because they are the defending champs

But that logic would mean Bama has to be second. And definitely ahead of OU and UGA.

If your logic is based on this year alone, then Clemson doesn’t deserve it either.

Hold to a standard that makes sense. But to hold Bama to a higher standard then other schools seems illogical.
I didn't put Clemson ahead of anyone. I just answered a question.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think the four CFP teams are in that list. PAC12 will be left out again.
I think that Clemson is a dead cinch lock. Then one or two of the three SEC teams gets in. Either Texas or OU will go from the Big 12. I could see Texas getting that spot.

As for the Bucks - you know how much I love my school, but they find a way to lose a game to someone that they should beat every year. I am cautiously optimistic, but not making any assumptions.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Honestly, you cab jiggle those 6 around any way you choose.
I kind of wish there was a 6 team playoff. Bama would be in it almost every year for sure. This year will be a question mark (at this point) in my opinion, depending on how much our run game and defense improves and the injury status.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Hahaha, I was sitting here thinking that I wouldn't put Clemson number one based on what I've seen, but then I couldn't think of a team that I would put at number one. Your reasoning sounds better than anything I could create. Until someone definitely shows me that they deserve it more, I'll keep Clemson at number one, too. As others have said, 2-6 could be pulled randomly from a hat at this point. We shall see which teams improve their weaknesses to rise above the others.
Leave Clemson #1 so they can be the TARGET of ALL teams they play. You know that everyone wants to BEAT #1. I just want Bama to be #! after the National Championship game!

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
I think that Clemson is a dead cinch lock. Then one or two of the three SEC teams gets in. Either Texas or OU will go from the Big 12. I could see Texas getting that spot.

As for the Bucks - you know how much I love my school, but they find a waUTy to lose a game to someone that they should beat every year. I am cautiously optimistic, but not making any assumptions.
I agree Clemson is a lock. I don't think Texas beats OU twice. A toss up between LSU, ALA, GA.
I know OSU has found a way to lose an easy win, but everybody else is just not good this year. Right now I'd say Wisc. may have a chance.
But like you say, all could change next week.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Defense and the Run game still are perplexing for me, though they looked better.

1. Clemson
2. Georgia
3. Oklahoma
4. Ohio State
5. Alabama
6. LSU
That's fine.

Clemson has looked indifferent while winning well against very mediocre teams, goldilocks has a bunch of interceptions. They are no doubt preparing for Alabama.

The others have done what they are supposed to do against weak opponents. Okla has played against terrible D and I already know what Jalen does against teams like that. For tOSU, Fields is improving week over week and their D seems pretty legit. LSU (probably) has the nicest win.

Bama is fine, can probably still outscore anyone, but we would like a demonstration of a reliable clock-eating ground-n-pound, better kicking, and probably better overall defense. Our main problem is not the teams in this list, but the week-in-week-out SECW.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
It's hard to say that though because nobody has really played any decent competition yet...USCe & Duke offer up way more than what UGA has played and we're both 3-0 and I'd bet our numbers are very comparable. I'd take our bunch against anybody today...and twice in December/January when we've had time to gel...
What's been so special about UGA? Seriously? D is good, RBs are good, QB is good,K is really good. They're all good to very good. Our D is good and our offense is the best in the conference and top 3 in the country.
We pride ourselves on D...maybe we swallow that a bit and just boat race a few folks this year...Gotta out-score us and few teams have that capability. Especially when our young kids come together...RTR

I have seen them play and in my opinion they and even a couple other teams just look better at this point in the season than Bama.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Those are clearly the best 6 teams right now. Injuries down the stretch and head to head will sort out the rest, but at least 3 of the 4 CFP teams are on that list, IMO.
Yep. The Blue Bloods are well represented, which is hard for a team like UCF, who is looking awesome so far. Especially on defense, my favorite side of the ball.

My 6, which is really just a toss up of 2-6:
1- Clemson
2- Georgia
3- Alabama
4- LSU
5- Ohio State
6- Oklahoma

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.