Another Bama player lost for the year: Labryan Ray (Update: Out Indefinitely) - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Re: Another Bama player lost for the year: Labryan Ray this time

SMH
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation All-American

An interesting comparison, at least to me anyway, would be a comparison of season ending injuries of those players in the 2 deep for the top, say, five teams.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!

Sheesh!

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

Well you guys said you wanted to see Tua play in the 4th quarter...
    BS 1989

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by PA Tide Fan View Post
    Looks like certainly for an extended period. The Bama defense is just snakebit with injuries again. We'll have to win shootouts.
    Could very well be accurate. I wouldn`t feel quite so queasy about this if we`d shown early signs of a dominating run game. Maybe it`ll be there. Believe I heard CNS say, though, that the run game`s being impacted by what they`re seeing from the other team`s D alignments. If indeed they`re giving us the throw, then by all means throw it. We`ve got the guy who can put it out there and the guys that can run and catch it!

BamaNation First Team

snakebit, ugh
    RTR! GO CCU!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post
    According to Matt Zenitz of al.com hes out for the year with a foot injury.
    It's not confirmed that he is lost for the year.... From what I understand.. they fear that he may potentially be out of the year... We won't know until saban says something today. We won't need him until Miss state or LSU game... I hope.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-American

Swift and Etienne are going to eat us alive

BamaNation First Team

The amount of injuries on defense is telling us something. Something besides "dang we are just screwed on that side of the ball." I don't know what it is, but you can't have this many injuries on one side of the ball and not wonder what is going on. It cannot just all be chalked up to "bad luck".

This will be an injury that will cost us. A ball control offense that can run, run, run, will keep our offense off the field. Sure, we can score in bunches, but anyone with a decent pass rush and ball control on offense can control the outcome. Not many on the schedule, but Texas AM and LSU come to mind, as well as the tricks that Malzahn can come up with. I do not see my alma mater making it to Atlanta this year. I believed before the injuries started piling up in August that this would be Saban's best shot at that one last title before he retires, because next year will be a complete overhaul on offense. 2 of the 4 main WR's are guaranteed to go NFL, and all 4 could. The QB will go NFL. One of the two running backs will as well.

Grim outlook on a Monday morning. Someone cheer me up.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jashleyren2 View Post
    The amount of injuries on defense is telling us something. Something besides "dang we are just screwed on that side of the ball." I don't know what it is, but you can't have this many injuries on one side of the ball and not wonder what is going on. It cannot just all be chalked up to "bad luck".

This will be an injury that will cost us. A ball control offense that can run, run, run, will keep our offense off the field. Sure, we can score in bunches, but anyone with a decent pass rush and ball control on offense can control the outcome. Not many on the schedule, but Texas AM and LSU come to mind, as well as the tricks that Malzahn can come up with. I do not see my alma mater making it to Atlanta this year. I believed before the injuries started piling up in August that this would be Saban's best shot at that one last title before he retires, because next year will be a complete overhaul on offense. 2 of the 4 main WR's are guaranteed to go NFL, and all 4 could. The QB will go NFL. One of the two running backs will as well.

Don't assume every other team is going to be healthy for the rest of the year. Yeah, it sucks. No, it doesn't guarantee any outcomes. The games still have to be played, and I like our chances as good as anyone else's right now.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    Swift and Etienne are going to eat us alive
    I don't think so. Your MLB play will greatly improve as the season progresses - just can't get any more injuries at that position.

Quote Originally Posted by jashleyren2 View Post

I wish I could cheer you up, but I feel about the same as you do. I do hope Labryan can be back for LSU but not getting my hopes up. The defensive coaches have their work cut out for them this year, again.

I live in Georgia with lots of UGA fans around me; several Clemson and Auburn fans are friends of mine. I really want BAMA to win at least one more National Championship before Saban retires, and thought this would be the year before injuries piled up again.

In the big scheme of things, it is just football, but I have to keep reminding myself of that. I know that Saban will do the best he can with the circumstances though.