Another Bama player lost for the year: Labryan Ray (Update: Out Indefinitely)

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Re: Another Bama player lost for the year: Labryan Ray this time

Right now, based on what very little we have seen of the big contenders (OU, Clemson, Ohio State, LSU, UGA, and Bama), I would project losses to LSU and UGA if we get there. Auburn is a toss up, but I'd venture a guess that if we have 1 loss going into that game, and LSU is clearly going to Atlanta, then we drop the Iron Bowl too. Again: limited info as UGA has played NO ONE, OU regularly plays NO ONE, LSU has played Texas, and could easily have lost the game, Ohio State has also played virtually no one, Bama has played no one (USCe is = to aTm in mind), so by default, Clemson has also played no one. 3 weeks in, we've seen not much. No one is tested.

By the end of the month, we will have a more clear picture. Praying we don't lose anyone else on either side of the ball.
did you pay attention to LSU's defense? or their 1st half nail biter with Northwestern....no wait Northwestern state. LSU had a competitive half with a state team that is not a state. Dont see a reason to predict a loss there, even if its a close game.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

I'm choosing to stick with Coach Saban's words today instead of the sky is falling stuff. I'm just so thankful that our schedule plays out the way it does this year. We play UGA early next year. THAT would be reason for concern. We have time to get our young guys experience and in-game decision making and mistakes before our first huge test at A&M. Roll Tide and just breathe.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

did you pay attention to LSU's defense? or their 1st half nail biter with Northwestern....no wait Northwestern state. LSU had a competitive half with a state team that is not a state. Dont see a reason to predict a loss there, even if its a close game.
I am going to have to google where this school is even located.

Just looked it up. They are in Louisiana.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Have you seen the schedule? No way Saban can find four more wins with this roster. Just not Bama's year.
i just want to see us play with heart while southern miss wipes the field with us.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

i just want to see us play with heart while southern miss wipes the field with us.
I know Coach Shula and Company will have the team prepared to make this a game. Might not win it, but players will give 100%. No doubt.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Have we fallen behind in regards to training and rehabilitation after injury? Clemson WR Amari Rodgers tore his ACL 6 months ago. He had a 80 yard catch and run vs Syracuse this past weekend. How does one come back from an ACL tear so quick when it takes our guys almost 2 years to get back to full speed? I understand there are different levels and degrees to ligament tears but I found it pretty amazing that Rodgers was not only back in 6 months but looks like he hasn't lost a step or any quickness. There has not been any talk of Moses possibly coming back in December or January which would be 6 months from his tear..
IIRC one of the Bama beat guys said Moses's tear wasn't a run of the mill ACL. He said it wasn't quite on the Hightower injury level but that he had heard it was pretty bad.

I also think Rodgers must be a freak like AP was. Clemson didn't expect him back this early IIRC
Rodgers>>>>Ostarine? I've never seen a player come back in 6 months and look the same as before the ACL injury..

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019

i know coach shula and company will have the team prepared to make this a game. Might not win it, but players will give 100%. No doubt.
for sure!!

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

I hate it for Ray, God speed to his healing, but Barmore will be the beneficiary of this injury and I have heard great things about him. And for the glass half empty crowd, check your pessimism at the door please and stop waiving the white flag four games into the season. I don't come to this sight to wallow in negativity and if you are conceding games down the road for whatever reason then please stare mediocrity in the mirror rather to post your dull feelings. Ain't nothin' but winners around here.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004

I think everyone is giving AU way too much credit. We'll see this weekend, but I expect A&M to come out on top. I also think we'll beat the Aggies by 2 TDs. They won't be able to stop our offense. LSU is the only team on our schedule that worries me. And we don't really know how good they are. They won't be tested until mid-Oct when they play UF.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Yeah, Auburn is on the road in the first true road game w/ a shaky true freshman QB. I expect Aggy to rock em.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al

I think everyone is giving AU way too much credit. We'll see this weekend, but I expect A&M to come out on top. I also think we'll beat the Aggies by 2 TDs. They won't be able to stop our offense. LSU is the only team on our schedule that worries me. And we don't really know how good they are. They won't be tested until mid-Oct when they play UF.
I agree with this for the most part. Right this moment, AU doesn't scare me. They are young and inexperienced in some positions however they will be a better team by the time we meet them. How much better? We'll just have to see.

A&M is ok but meet their new QB...He's the same Qb as last year. I'll see your 2 tds and raise them maybe 10more points.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

I agree with this for the most part. Right this moment, AU doesn't scare me. They are young and inexperienced in some positions however they will be a better team by the time we meet them. How much better? We'll just have to see.

A&M is ok but meet their new QB...He's the same Qb as last year. I'll see your 2 tds and raise them maybe 10more points.
Anything can happen at Jordan Hare...especially if it’s bad for Bama.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia

I've decided to just enjoy the games and see what happens. The last 12 years have been mind-boggling great!!!

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

I hate it for Ray, God speed to his healing, but Barmore will be the beneficiary of this injury and I have heard great things about him. And for the glass half empty crowd, check your pessimism at the door please and stop waiving the white flag four games into the season. I don't come to this sight to wallow in negativity and if you are conceding games down the road for whatever reason then please stare mediocrity in the mirror rather to post your dull feelings. Ain't nothin' but winners around here.
Optimism...………..I like it...…………...I want to see what Barmore can do as well

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

That's the only thing that scares me about this team this year...
Bama has won 3 of the last 5 in J-H with both losses requiring good fortune for AU. I think of it as AU has used up their mojo vs Bama there rather than being spooked. At this point, Alabama is a much better team. AU will likely improve more than Bama over the season because their QB is young but IMO, not nearly enough. The best team wins this game 90% of the time.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Is Ray definitely lost for the year? Last I saw, CNS was saying this week`s game for sure, then evaluation. Maybe I just haven`t seen the latest?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Is Ray definitely lost for the year? Last I saw, CNS was saying this week`s game for sure, then evaluation. Maybe I just haven`t seen the latest?
You have heard the official word. No update since, but lots of conjecture

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

Does anyone remember when he actually hurt his foot the first time... was it during the Clemson game or during Spring workouts/spring game? I read he had surgery on his foot or ankle this summer but I just don't recall when he hurt it originally. It's the same foot this time. I wonder if he had the same type of surgery Jalen and Tua had?

I sure hope he can be back for the LSU game and beyond. If not, I guess he will redshirt and will have to wait until next season.

We need a lot of DL and LB in this next recruiting cycle just because of injuries each year. I also wish players would stay their senior year sometimes, which would help with depth, injuries, etc ( kind of like the 4 guys from Clemson stayed last year).

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.