Another Bama player lost for the year: Labryan Ray (Update: Out Indefinitely)

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Re: Another Bama player lost for the year: Labryan Ray this time

Next man up! We recruit better than just about everyone. Everyone has injuries. What if you are Florida waking up today with your second QB at the helm the rest of the year? We're good, just gotta keep on rolling.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006

Per a tweet from Cecil: Saban on LaBryan Ray injury: “Probably out for this game. We are doing some testing and it’s undetermined how long he’s out after that."

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

Per a tweet from Cecil: Saban on LaBryan Ray injury: “Probably out for this game. We are doing some testing and it’s undetermined how long he’s out after that."
what does green font mean?

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

i was wondering if it was meant to convey nausea.

let's hope that Ray is only out for a game or two.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

Well here is food for thought: The talking heads seem to believe that D is an afterthought with these new offences scoring like crazy people. So if that is true then these injuries won't matter that much anyway. I don't know if that is accurate, I have not bothered to look at Clemson, Georgia and the like to see if their D is struggling like ours was -- or not..
I've been very impressed with Clemson's defense so far this year. Honestly the defense has been more impressive than the offense in the games I've watched. AM played well enough on defense to win the game they just couldn't score enough. Venables is worth more than they pay him and they pay him a ton. Their strength is more on the back end this year than it is on the front and they seem to have adjusted their scheme accordingly. They are playing lots of DBs and using Muse as a LB even though he's been a safety for most of his career.

There's no doubt that GA tech is awful and Syracuse offense was pretty pathetic as well but they've still impressed me.

Also, I'm glad to hear that Ray may not be lost for the year. We are dangerously thin in our front 7 and he's one of the few guys with any experience. Hope he is able to sit out a few weeks and contribute during the meat of our schedule.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama

We would probably have to lose at least 4 games to fall to the Outback Bowl. I doubt even the grumpiest Eyeore would predict 4 losses, but perhaps I'm wrong.
I don't know the bowl games like I used to, it's wherever SEC teams that don't go to the playoffs go.

Bama is relatively bad this year, but not 8-4 bad. I can see 10-2 at worst (unless Tua gets hurt).

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al

I don't know the bowl games like I used to, it's wherever SEC teams that don't go to the playoffs go.

Bama is relatively bad this year, but not 8-4 bad. I can see 10-2 at worst (unless Tua gets hurt).
I don't see us losing to anyone but maybe LSU and Auburn and that'd be a long shot. LSU has traded being one-dimensional in the run to being one-dimensional in the pass. Our DBs can eat them alive. Auburn can't win a shootout against us. It would take Tua and probably two WR going down for us to lose those games. The SEC is really down this year. I don't see Arky, TN, either MS school having a shot at us this year.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

We would probably have to lose at least 4 games to fall to the Outback Bowl. I doubt even the grumpiest Eyeore would predict 4 losses, but perhaps I'm wrong.
hell, let them stew in their juices the rest of this week and we'll be discussing whether or not we will have a winning season this year :rolleye2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

hell, let them stew in their juices the rest of this week and we'll be discussing whether or not we will have a winning season this year :rolleye2:
Have you seen the schedule? No way Saban can find four more wins with this roster. Just not Bama's year.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004

Have you seen the schedule? No way Saban can find four more wins with this roster. Just not Bama's year.
When does basketball season start?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

That doesn`t sound to me like a definitive " out for the season ". I would think CNS has a pretty good read from the orthopods by now.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I don't think Bama has to worry about facing Etienne this year. Maybe not Swift either. Probably some Big10 back in the Outback Bowl or whatever bowl there is for teams that don't make the playoffs.
Geeze, man, let`s just hang it up. I don`t really see any reason to play anymore games, do you?

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018

Right now, based on what very little we have seen of the big contenders (OU, Clemson, Ohio State, LSU, UGA, and Bama), I would project losses to LSU and UGA if we get there. Auburn is a toss up, but I'd venture a guess that if we have 1 loss going into that game, and LSU is clearly going to Atlanta, then we drop the Iron Bowl too. Again: limited info as UGA has played NO ONE, OU regularly plays NO ONE, LSU has played Texas, and could easily have lost the game, Ohio State has also played virtually no one, Bama has played no one (USCe is = to aTm in mind), so by default, Clemson has also played no one. 3 weeks in, we've seen not much. No one is tested.

By the end of the month, we will have a more clear picture. Praying we don't lose anyone else on either side of the ball.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018

I think 10-3 at the worst. If we land in a bowl game of little consequence, it will be the ultimate coaching job to get that win with guys thinking about the NFL and nothing to essentially play for.

That's what that 2010 bowl win over Michigan State never ceases to amaze me. They weren't a bad team. They were good. We had lost 3 games, 1 in heartbreaking fashion (Cam Newton's team, speaking of heartbreaking "fashion"), and we weren't focused in losses to LSU and USCe. So much talent on that team: Ingram rushing, Julio Jones receiving, all those defensive stars. To coach that team to DECIMATE Michigan State that way was unreal. Coaching 500, Masters Level.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I would just about bet Danny Sheridan would have us favored in every single game the rest of the regular season, including a potential game against Georgia in the SEC title game. Seriously though, Vegas would have us favored.

For the record, a 10-2 finish probably gets a "New Year's 6" bowl bid, likely the Sugar depending on how all else falls. It's silly at this stage to be so down and pessimistic. You're all applying higher standards to Alabama vs all the other contenders.

dirtroadlizard

All-SEC
Nov 3, 2011
Bunker Creek , FL

I'm glad the boys on the team don't share the same negativity as some on this board . If you are ready to give up on the season please send me your tickets !

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.