Another Bama player lost for the year: Labryan Ray (Update: Out Indefinitely)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Another Bama player lost for the year: Labryan Ray this time

According to Matt Zenitz of al.com he’s out for the year with a foot injury.
It's not confirmed that he is lost for the year.... From what I understand.. they fear that he may potentially be out of the year... We won't know until saban says something today. We won't need him until Miss state or LSU game... I hope.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Swift and Etienne are going to eat us alive

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018

The amount of injuries on defense is telling us something. Something besides "dang we are just screwed on that side of the ball." I don't know what it is, but you can't have this many injuries on one side of the ball and not wonder what is going on. It cannot just all be chalked up to "bad luck".

This will be an injury that will cost us. A ball control offense that can run, run, run, will keep our offense off the field. Sure, we can score in bunches, but anyone with a decent pass rush and ball control on offense can control the outcome. Not many on the schedule, but Texas AM and LSU come to mind, as well as the tricks that Malzahn can come up with. I do not see my alma mater making it to Atlanta this year. I believed before the injuries started piling up in August that this would be Saban's best shot at that one last title before he retires, because next year will be a complete overhaul on offense. 2 of the 4 main WR's are guaranteed to go NFL, and all 4 could. The QB will go NFL. One of the two running backs will as well.

Grim outlook on a Monday morning. Someone cheer me up.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

The amount of injuries on defense is telling us something. Something besides "dang we are just screwed on that side of the ball." I don't know what it is, but you can't have this many injuries on one side of the ball and not wonder what is going on. It cannot just all be chalked up to "bad luck".

This will be an injury that will cost us. A ball control offense that can run, run, run, will keep our offense off the field. Sure, we can score in bunches, but anyone with a decent pass rush and ball control on offense can control the outcome. Not many on the schedule, but Texas AM and LSU come to mind, as well as the tricks that Malzahn can come up with. I do not see my alma mater making it to Atlanta this year. I believed before the injuries started piling up in August that this would be Saban's best shot at that one last title before he retires, because next year will be a complete overhaul on offense. 2 of the 4 main WR's are guaranteed to go NFL, and all 4 could. The QB will go NFL. One of the two running backs will as well.

Don't assume every other team is going to be healthy for the rest of the year. Yeah, it sucks. No, it doesn't guarantee any outcomes. The games still have to be played, and I like our chances as good as anyone else's right now.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Swift and Etienne are going to eat us alive
I don't think so. Your MLB play will greatly improve as the season progresses - just can't get any more injuries at that position.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

I wish I could cheer you up, but I feel about the same as you do. I do hope Labryan can be back for LSU but not getting my hopes up. The defensive coaches have their work cut out for them this year, again.

I live in Georgia with lots of UGA fans around me; several Clemson and Auburn fans are friends of mine. I really want BAMA to win at least one more National Championship before Saban retires, and thought this would be the year before injuries piled up again.

In the big scheme of things, it is just football, but I have to keep reminding myself of that. I know that Saban will do the best he can with the circumstances though.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

Don't assume every other team is going to be healthy for the rest of the year. Yeah, it sucks. No, it doesn't guarantee any outcomes. The games still have to be played, and I like our chances as good as anyone else's right now.
I wonder what the stats are for the top 10 teams who are actually in contention for making the playoffs as far as season ending injuries are concerned. I have not looked, but I bet BAMA leads the way with 4 so far.

I don't like to see any injuries for anyone on any team, but as far as football playoffs are concerned, I wish BAMA had better luck with injuries the past 4 years. It is just a mystery having so many injuries the past few years.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

Based on your post not much can be said right now to cheer you up but you do need to back away from the ledge. Our first real challenge is a month away with a bye week to prepare and we have the GOAT at the helm.

RTR!!!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I wonder what the stats are for the top 10 teams who are actually in contention for making the playoffs as far as season ending injuries are concerned. I have not looked, but I bet BAMA leads the way with 4 so far.

I don't like to see any injuries for anyone on any team, but as far as football playoffs are concerned, I wish BAMA had better luck with injuries the past 4 years. It is just a mystery having so many injuries the past few years.
You can see the report here: http://www.statfox.com/cfb/injuries.asp

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL

When the injuries are happening in the game what else are you supposed to do? If the injuries were happening on both sides of the ball in the practice setting I would think there could be some underlying issue with the practice or training regimen, but it is almost exclusively the defense. The offense and defense go through the same training and practice schedule. This is almost reaching conspiracy theory level stuff. It is simply bad luck.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Thanks B1G, interesting information. Look at " out indefinitely" and " out for season " and compare to UGA, Clemson, the barn, A&M, LSU. This does assume that all coaches are "up front " in their reporting. That may well be a large and inaccurate assumption!

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Well here is food for thought: The talking heads seem to believe that D is an afterthought with these new offences scoring like crazy people. So if that is true then these injuries won't matter that much anyway. I don't know if that is accurate, I have not bothered to look at Clemson, Georgia and the like to see if their D is struggling like ours was -- or not..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Thanks B1G, interesting information. Look at " out indefinitely" and " out for season " and compare to UGA, Clemson, the barn, A&M, LSU. This does assume that all coaches are "up front " in their reporting. That may well be a large and inaccurate assumption!
You never know, but I have found that site to be the most accurate source on the web.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Have we fallen behind in regards to training and rehabilitation after injury? Clemson WR Amari Rodgers tore his ACL 6 months ago. He had a 80 yard catch and run vs Syracuse this past weekend. How does one come back from an ACL tear so quick when it takes our guys almost 2 years to get back to full speed? I understand there are different levels and degrees to ligament tears but I found it pretty amazing that Rodgers was not only back in 6 months but looks like he hasn't lost a step or any quickness. There has not been any talk of Moses possibly coming back in December or January which would be 6 months from his tear..

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Have we fallen behind in regards to training and rehabilitation after injury? Clemson WR Amari Rodgers tore his ACL 6 months ago. He had a 80 yard catch and run vs Syracuse this past weekend. How does one come back from an ACL tear so quick when it takes our guys almost 2 years to get back to full speed? I understand there are different levels and degrees to ligament tears but I found it pretty amazing that Rodgers was not only back in 6 months but looks like he hasn't lost a step or any quickness. There has not been any talk of Moses possibly coming back in December or January which would be 6 months from his tear..
IIRC one of the Bama beat guys said Moses's tear wasn't a run of the mill ACL. He said it wasn't quite on the Hightower injury level but that he had heard it was pretty bad.

I also think Rodgers must be a freak like AP was. Clemson didn't expect him back this early IIRC

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I don't think Bama has to worry about facing Etienne this year. Maybe not Swift either. Probably some Big10 back in the Outback Bowl or whatever bowl there is for teams that don't make the playoffs.
We would probably have to lose at least 4 games to fall to the Outback Bowl. I doubt even the grumpiest Eyeore would predict 4 losses, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.