2020 Prospect: ***** 5* QB Bryce Young Commits to Bama *****

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I know that he`s a bit slight in build currently, but is this a kid who`s battle ready now for college? He appears ready when it comes to throwing the ball, but what about betwixt the ears?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I know that he`s a bit slight in build currently, but is this a kid who`s battle ready now for college? He appears ready when it comes to throwing the ball, but what about betwixt the ears?
He is ready to compete for the job. If he doesn't win the job, that is actually pretty good news, right? It means that you have someone else who is better running the offense next year.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
He is ready to compete for the job. If he doesn't win the job, that is actually pretty good news, right? It means that you have someone else who is better running the offense next year.
Agreed. He plays for a large Cali HS that is an annual powerhouse every year, they play top national teams and is well coached. This does not mean it will translate to college but most of these elite HS QB's typically do well (ie Tua, Lawrence, Fields, etc....)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
We've got every reason to believe this kid will be in the mix in the spring. We all see the potential and can't help but noticed the similarities to "you know who" but I'm just telling myself to pump the brakes on the expectations. I mean, we can't really expect him to pick up where Tua left off, can we???

To answer the question above, I know he's first got to win the job and the competition ahead of him is pretty good and if MJ does well to finish this season the road to "starter" next year gets alot smoother for him.

But, circling back to Young, the kid passes the eye test of being a special player in the future!!! There's a part of me that believes we might get more out of him, presuming he's a 3-year player if he could sit a year and then have 3 to play after next year. But, I know that's not the way it really works anymore, even at Bama.

Last edited:

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
I'll just leave this here from Andrew Bone:

[FONT=&quot]While you were sleeping...[/FONT]#Alabama[FONT=&quot] commitment [/FONT]@_bryce_young[FONT=&quot] completed 20-of-30 for 520 yards and seven touchdowns in a 49-24 win against Mission Viejo. He also had seven touchdown passes last week. Rematch vs. St John Bosco for the championship next week. [/FONT]#RollTide

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I'll just leave this here from Andrew Bone:

While you were sleeping...#Alabama commitment @_bryce_young completed 20-of-30 for 520 yards and seven touchdowns in a 49-24 win against Mission Viejo. He also had seven touchdown passes last week. Rematch vs. St John Bosco for the championship next week. #RollTide
I bet other teams are salivating trying to prize him away from Bama...……………..they just cant do it

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.