2020 Prospect: ***** 5* QB Bryce Young Commits to Bama *****

RKel32

All-SEC
Nov 17, 2004
Madison, AL
Didn't see a thread on him yet, but there have been three CBs to Bama today for Bryce Young. He's currently rated as the #1 Dual Threat QB by 247 and #2 Dual Threat QB by the 247 Composite. There's been talk for some time that he may flip to Bama, but confidence seems to be growing that it could be a real possibility, particularly with USC's struggles.

https://247sports.com/Player/Bryce-Young-93127/

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Re: 5* QB Bryce Young

I really hope he does flip to Bama and enrolls in January to get the workouts/playbook/academics started.

I hope the same thing for either Arik Gilbert or Darnell Washington for TE position.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

How would that affect the recruitment of Drake Maye?
Maye is a 2021 QB, so it probably won't matter in the short term. How things play out on the field next year would probably have more influence on Maye.

Down4ttown

Suspended
Dec 16, 2011

How would that affect the recruitment of Drake Maye?
Hopefully he knows that we need to take a QB each year. Getting one each year keeps us with depth. That being said, I expect one to transfer after fall camp next season.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

No he will de commit first before committing to any school. All signs are pointing to Bama at this point.
But I am cautiously optimistic. Is Recruiting, so you'll never know.
Hearing soon very very soon (they are on a bye week for MD) Also, Maye seems locked in and so far his top schools have young QBs to include UNC. (believe they are still starting a true freshman rn) Young is a top 5 player in the 20 class. Maye will be a guy that takes off after he gets to school because he plays multiple sports and likely not done growing. Maye could also really help with 5 star APB for 21 class since they grew up together and good friends. Sark the shark is hunting watch out.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Hearing soon very very soon (they are on a bye week for MD) Also, Maye seems locked in and so far his top schools have young QBs to include UNC. (believe they are still starting a true freshman rn) Young is a top 5 player in the 20 class. Maye will be a guy that takes off after he gets to school because he plays multiple sports and likely not done growing. Maye could also really help with 5 star APB for 21 class since they grew up together and good friends. Sark the shark is hunting watch out.
Turn the Shark loose and chum the waters...………….hopefully he pulls a lot of good ones

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC

I am curious about what the plan for next year will be at the quarterback position. If they got Young, would the hope be that he is the starter? Or, does it seem like Mac Jones is the starter next year regardless?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I am curious about what the plan for next year will be at the quarterback position. If they got Young, would the hope be that he is the starter? Or, does it seem like Mac Jones is the starter next year regardless?
Mac is going to have to seriously regress not to start next year. He is playing very well this season.

Down4ttown

Suspended
Dec 16, 2011

A podcast from today said that Bryce is the type to come in and really compete for playing time. Compared it to 2017 when Jalen arrived....Just saying that anything is possible.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.