2020 Prospect: ***** 5* QB Bryce Young Commits to Bama *****

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
my biggest fear would be to have USC fire helton and urbs slides in and grabs him before his signs with us. I assume he is a december signee, so we should be good. rtr
Even if that were to happen, he does not know Meyer, his staff and has no relationships. He is close to Sark and our staff so have no fears.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I said something similar in the other QB thread, but this is the future. I seriously doubt CNS will not have anything less than a 5 star QB from here on out.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: 5* QB Bryce Young

https://youtu.be/YA4svPdzFeU?t=3

Not sure if this highlight reel has been posted, but very impressive! Great Field Vision (especially when running the ball) and very confident in the pocket. Nearly impossible to sack and has a great arm. This kid has it all... :cool2:

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

Hearing that the staff is expecting Bryce back in town for the LSU game. This will be a very good thing with it expected to be Bama's biggest recruiting weekend.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

https://youtu.be/YA4svPdzFeU?t=3

Not sure if this highlight reel has been posted, but very impressive! Great Field Vision (especially when running the ball) and very confident in the pocket. Nearly impossible to sack and has a great arm. This kid has it all... :cool2:
I know it's a video of "highlights" but there's enough there to know this guy has some elite talent. Now days, fans are always thinking about "the next _______." In our case, it would be "the next Tua." It's foolish to put "Gus-like" expectation on him.

Having said that, the guy looks like a right-handed Tua with his accuracy with the footwork of Jalen as a freshmen. He doesn't have the perfect throwing motion of someone like Tua, but it works and it's quick as the blink of an eye.

Concerning that kind of accuracy, we've seen it on full display with Tua over the last two years. I'm convinced it's the second most important thing a QB needs (first would be field awareness and vision to know where to throw it in the first place). We know how "deadly" an accurate QB can be to hit those small windows and turn short throws into house calls.

These are some of the reasons that I think he's immediately in the mix of an epic QB next spring.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Remember he plays in the HS game of the year or maybe century in St.Johns Bosco vs MD on Fox sports Friday. Yes with Clemson Commit DJ U

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
They are a little bit better than Clemson signee and fellow 5* signal caller DJ Ukelele (sorry, I honestly don't remember his name.). The two clash this Friday night on FoxSports as the #1 and #2 teams in the country meet. Love to see BY play that cat like a fiddle!!! LOL...sorry...
Found this summary on another board on Bryce's season stats thus far:

Comp: 184
Att: 248
%: 74.2%
Yards: 2581
TD: 31
Int: 3

Rush Att: 44
Yards: 264
TD: 7

Team Record: 8-0

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
They are a little bit better than Clemson signee and fellow 5* signal caller DJ Ukelele (sorry, I honestly don't remember his name.). The two clash this Friday night on FoxSports as the #1 and #2 teams in the country meet. Love to see BY play that cat like a fiddle!!! LOL...sorry...
I see what you did there.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I googled it and Ukelele is much easier to pronounce than his actual name. I am just going to call him Ukelele.

FYI, it is DJ Uiagalelei.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
According to their web site it is on at 7:30pm Pacific time.
Thanks. I googled it and it said it is on Fox Sports West. I think we only get Fox Sports. It shows wrestling during that time. If I can find out how to watch it, I will just record it since it will be so late here.

I did not realize that DJ U was so big and tall. It said he's 6 foot 5, 250. That's a big QB! I hope Bryce can gain another 10 pounds by August. I am sure Cochran will work his magic :)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Thanks. I googled it and it said it is on Fox Sports West. I think we only get Fox Sports. It shows wrestling during that time. If I can find out how to watch it, I will just record it since it will be so late here.

I did not realize that DJ U was so big and tall. It said he's 6 foot 5, 250. That's a big QB! I hope Bryce can gain another 10 pounds by August. I am sure Cochran will work his magic :)
According to their website (https://www.materdeifootball.net/) the game is being live streamed on FSGO. They have a link to the live stream on their home page. That is too late for me to watch, but I would if it was earlier.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Bryce Young was the difference in this game and showed what a great prospect he is. We have another great one on the way. Roll Tide Bryce and way to go. We look forward to seeing you in Crimson.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.