Return of The Far Side?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Big fan. Have the calendars, books, and used to send the Christmas cards every year until I ran out of ones I hadn't used before.

Thanks for posting CA - looking forward to this resurgence!

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I always wondered how Larson did it as long as he did. Such a cockeyed perspective on the world. I could see a bolt of lightning every month or so. But 300+ times a year? No idea how he did it.

About cried when Watterson stopped. For those few minutes every week, I was what I wish I had been at 8 years old.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I always wondered how Larson did it as long as he did. Such a cockeyed perspective on the world. I could see a bolt of lightening every month or so. But 300+ times a year? No idea how he did it.

About cried when Watterson stopped. For those few minutes every week, I was what I wish I had been at 8 years old.
OTOH, Larson has had since 1994 to recharge, so maybe it's just been building up. Recently, Watterson took at stint at doing Pastis' "Pearls" strip, so maybe, a renaissance?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
calvin and hobbes are timeless. not long after our daughter was born, a friend of ours visited and had her at the time "tween" son with her and he was bored out of his mind. i was digging around for something to keep him occupied and grabbed one of my old calvin and hobbes books out of the bookshelf for him and he lit up, saying he actually liked calvin and hobbes. i ended up sending him home with all of my old c and h books that day (one an anthology). he just started college this year and i imagine he (like me) read them all cover to cover many times.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.