Dabo - Citadel was the toughest team Bama faced before Georgia - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Re: Dabo - Citadel was the toughest team Bama faced before Georgia

I know what Dabo meant and he's right in what he meant. But the Citadel wasn't our "toughest game" because they were actually better than LSU, aTm or any other SEC team we played. It was our toughest game because though we have stud athletes up and down the roster. They are still amateurs and are kids. Their effort and focus is highly inconsistent from game to game and many times play to play. It's what makes college football better (in my opinion) than the NFL. You get a more inconsistent product where a Charlotte Southern Sisters of the Poor can waltz into Neyland Stadium and beat the Vols.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I know what Dabo meant and he's right in what he meant.
    No, he's intentionally saying something that he knows is completely untrue in order to make Clempson's AAC-like schedule seem 'not so bad'. There's no rationalization for what he said and he's incorrect, and everyone in the room knows it.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

I know what Dabo meant and he's right in what he meant. But the Citadel wasn't our "toughest game" because they were actually better than LSU, aTm or any other SEC team we played. It was our toughest game because though we have stud athletes up and down the roster. They are still amateurs and are kids. Their effort and focus is highly inconsistent from game to game and many times play to play. It's what makes college football better (in my opinion) than the NFL. You get a more inconsistent product where a Charlotte Southern Sisters of the Poor can waltz into Neyland Stadium and beat the Vols.
    Thing is - he could have just said that. He needs to keep the word "Alabama" out of his mouth. He takes every opportunity to poke the bear. I hope he gets mauled.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Saban4Ever View Post
    I think the message was more for his team rather than a knock at BAMA. He wants them to be focused. I could be wrong though.

That Citadel game had me shaking my head the first half.
    And to assuage the good ol' ACC for Ga. Tech's falling flat on its a--, er, its ACC face in losing to Pat Conroy Academy last Sa'ddy....

Dabo really likes those passive aggressive comments directed at Alabama . Seems he canít keep The Crimson Tide out of his mind.
    to 16 and beyond........

I understand what you are saying But politely disagree. Bama played Citadel before the Barn. I’m sure, there was a lot of preparation for Malzahn’s offense that week , and less on the Citadel
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Second Team

Waiting for an ESPN commentator to call out his B. S. or how the GOAT and Alabama are living rent free in his head. Has that happened in case I missed it?

BamaNation All-American PA Tide Fan's Avatar

While it's true that Dabo made those comments about The Citadel the sportswriter in the link mistakenly says that Clemson plays The Citadel on Saturday which is false. Clemson hosts UNC-Charlotte on Saturday. They host The Citadel in 2020.

BamaNation All-American

Coach Aw Shucks should worry about his team..........I think he secretly desires to coach at Bama someday, despite his comments to the contrary

BamaNation All-American CrimsonTheory's Avatar

Dabo is the last coach who should be talking ab out another school's schedule. Tennessee, theoretically, could win 7-8 games if they had Clemson cupcake soft schedule.
    the former CrimsonBleedRed.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    Coach Aw Shucks should worry about his team..........I think he secretly desires to coach at Bama someday, despite his comments to the contrary
    I think the fact that he continues to side step the question (when he's asked) makes it obvious he's got Bama on his mind. I know a few Clemson fans that it bothers when he's asked about potentially coaching at Bama and Dabo side steps. I honestly don't think it's much of a secret.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTheory View Post
    Dabo is the last coach who should be talking ab out another school's schedule. Tennessee, theoretically, could win 7-8 games if they had Clemson cupcake soft schedule.
    Now that's funny. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    I understand what you are saying But politely disagree. Bama played Citadel before the Barn. I’m sure, there was a lot of preparation for Malzahn’s offense that week , and less on the Citadel
    Even if that is true, I watched that game and you could tell the team was sleep walking through the first half. With the talent being what it is between the two teams. Prepping for Auburn still shouldn't have caused a first half performance like that. That, IMO, was more attributed to 18-22 year old's doing what they do best and that's being highly unpredictable and inconsistent. Consistency in effort seems to be what Coach Saban harps on the most.