Dabo - Citadel was the toughest team Bama faced before Georgia

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
While it's true that Dabo made those comments about The Citadel the sportswriter in the link mistakenly says that Clemson plays The Citadel on Saturday which is false. Clemson hosts UNC-Charlotte on Saturday. They host The Citadel in 2020.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Dabo is the last coach who should be talking ab out another school's schedule. Tennessee, theoretically, could win 7-8 games if they had Clemson cupcake soft schedule.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Coach Aw Shucks should worry about his team..........I think he secretly desires to coach at Bama someday, despite his comments to the contrary
I think the fact that he continues to side step the question (when he's asked) makes it obvious he's got Bama on his mind. I know a few Clemson fans that it bothers when he's asked about potentially coaching at Bama and Dabo side steps. I honestly don't think it's much of a secret.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I understand what you are saying But politely disagree. Bama played Citadel before the Barn. I’m sure, there was a lot of preparation for Malzahn’s offense that week , and less on the Citadel
Even if that is true, I watched that game and you could tell the team was sleep walking through the first half. With the talent being what it is between the two teams. Prepping for Auburn still shouldn't have caused a first half performance like that. That, IMO, was more attributed to 18-22 year old's doing what they do best and that's being highly unpredictable and inconsistent. Consistency in effort seems to be what Coach Saban harps on the most.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I just read an Al.com article about Dabo... he has the CFP championship game on his calendar and the date for his Championship Parade already on the calendar.

We all know Clemson will make the top 4 due to their easy schedule, but he sure seems confident to win it all.

I sure hope BAMA gets #18 but I guarantee you Saban is not putting that on his calendar.

if BAMA does not win it all this year, I will be pulling for anyone but Clemson. I don't want them winning 2 years in a row or Dabo catching up with Saban.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I just read an Al.com article about Dabo... he has the CFP championship game on his calendar and the date for his Championship Parade already on the calendar.

We all know Clemson will make the top 4 due to their easy schedule, but he sure seems confident to win it all.

I sure hope BAMA gets #18 but I guarantee you Saban is not putting that on his calendar.

if BAMA does not win it all this year, I will be pulling for anyone but Clemson. I don't want them winning 2 years in a row or Dabo catching up with Saban.
I feel pretty sure this is common. They usually have to plan ahead for things even if they don't happen. Like most high school coaches will always have playoff dates listed on their schedule so players and families can plan not to make plans if they make it that far. Coach Saban may not have it on his calendar, but someone in the football offices does.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Coach Aw Shucks should worry about his team..........I think he secretly desires to coach at Bama someday, despite his comments to the contrary
Of course he does. He will be very insulted when Bama replaces a retired Saban without talking to him.

Dabo really likes those passive aggressive comments directed at Alabama . Seems he can’t keep The Crimson Tide out of his mind.
If you think he takes shots at the Bama program now, wait until he's not asked to return.

As for myself, when he started suggesting God is on his side in football games I quit paying attention to whatever else he has to say.

daddybama1

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 10, 2018
While I agree with you and i know for a FACT that the Clemson coaches always have us in the back of their minds (trust me on this)...it does not take a long read on these boards to see how a lot of our posters have Dabo and Clempson living rent free 24/7 in their minds...#true

Waiting for an ESPN commentator to call out his B. S. or how the GOAT and Alabama are living rent free in his head. Has that happened in case I missed it?

daddybama1

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 10, 2018
Dabo does not want to come back to Bama and live under the umbrella of the 2 GOAT'S ! He has it made for as long as he wants in Tiger Town...been told he would not even consider it. What are we going to do...pay him more than he gets now or that CU would eventually pay him? Nope! I believe he loves Bama and is so thankful for it's impact on his life and coaching career, but does not want to come back.

Of course he does. He will be very insulted when Bama replaces a retired Saban without talking to him.

If you think he takes shots at the Bama program now, wait until he's not asked to return.

As for myself, when he started suggesting God is on his side in football games I quit paying attention to whatever else he has to say.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Dabo does not want to come back to Bama and live under the umbrella of the 2 GOAT'S ! He has it made for as long as he wants in Tiger Town...been told he would not even consider it. What are we going to do...pay him more than he gets now or that CU would eventually pay him? Nope! I believe he loves Bama and is so thankful for it's impact on his life and coaching career, but does not want to come back.
Seeing that Dabo refuses (when asked) to answer the question about going to Bama if the opportunity presents itself. It leads me to believe Dabo is smart enough to not burn a bridge that he may need to cross in the future, or his agent has advised him to stay neutral on the situation because you truly never know what the future holds. It's rosy and cozy right now at Clemson. But things can change very quick.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
He wants to be asked and then turn us down, or at least have that option.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
He wants to be asked and then turn us down, or at least have that option.
I bet he even turns us down if he isn't asked to come here. He will look even more committed to Clemson and the recruits will eat that stuff up as well as the fan base. If his agent is a good one he will float it out there to get Dabo another major raise and contract extension.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I bet he even turns us down if he isn't asked to come here. He will look even more committed to Clemson and the recruits will eat that stuff up as well as the fan base. If his agent is a good one he will float it out there to get Dabo another major raise and contract extension.
Coach aw shucks will hold a press conference just to say no. During some of our previous coaching searches we had a few coaches practically do that.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
By the time Coach Saban decides to hang it up a lot will have changed for one or both programs. I don't have anything specific in mind. But if you go by Coach Saban's answers about any retirement. I get the feeling he's definitely here for AT LEAST five more years and more than likely 7-10. A LOT can and probably will change in that time span. Dabo may have surrendered to full time ministry, teamed up with Hugh Freeze and Tim Tebow to form a traveling circus....errr I mean ministry. ;)

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
By the time Coach Saban decides to hang it up a lot will have changed for one or both programs. I don't have anything specifics in mind. But if you go by Coach Saban's answers about any retirement. I get the feeling he's definitely here for AT LEAST five more years and more than likely 7-10. A LOT can and probably will change in that time span. Dabo may have surrendered to full time ministry, teamed up with Hugh Freeze and Tim Tebow to form a traveling circus....errr I mean ministry. ;)
I think based on his comments to this point you're right but starting with 2016 I've been preparing for every year to be CNS last. You just never know when a life event can alter plans.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.