Dabo - Citadel was the toughest team Bama faced before Georgia

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
Dabo - Citadel was the toughest team Bama faced before Georgia

taking a shot at SEC ...

Actually reading the full quote now its not as bad... he was discussing citadel beating GATech

Last edited:

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
This could be so that his team doesnt lose a game like that.

In fact I am so impressed with SCarolina that if it improves it can beat clemson.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

In fact I am so impressed with SCarolina that if it improves it can beat clemson.
SC can be an 8-9 win team...as long as their QB doesn't get hurt and Muschamp doesn't kill someone on the sideline during a game.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

I think the message was more for his team rather than a knock at BAMA. He wants them to be focused. I could be wrong though.

That Citadel game had me shaking my head the first half.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I think the message was more for his team rather than a knock at BAMA. He wants them to be focused. I could be wrong though.

Pretty sure his team will not have any issues against Charlotte this weekend. I get sending a message, but come on.

ARollTideDad

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2018
Definitely not defending Dabo, because I have not read the context of the quote, but do you all recall watching the Citadel game last year? ... tugs at collar ...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
SC can be an 8-9 win team...as long as their QB doesn't get hurt and Muschamp doesn't kill someone on the sideline during a game.
They would've beat North Carolina had they started the freshman over Bentley. They should be a pretty good team down the stretch..

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I know what Dabo meant and he's right in what he meant. But the Citadel wasn't our "toughest game" because they were actually better than LSU, aTm or any other SEC team we played. It was our toughest game because though we have stud athletes up and down the roster. They are still amateurs and are kids. Their effort and focus is highly inconsistent from game to game and many times play to play. It's what makes college football better (in my opinion) than the NFL. You get a more inconsistent product where a Charlotte Southern Sisters of the Poor can waltz into Neyland Stadium and beat the Vols.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I know what Dabo meant and he's right in what he meant.
No, he's intentionally saying something that he knows is completely untrue in order to make Clempson's AAC-like schedule seem 'not so bad'. There's no rationalization for what he said and he's incorrect, and everyone in the room knows it.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I know what Dabo meant and he's right in what he meant. But the Citadel wasn't our "toughest game" because they were actually better than LSU, aTm or any other SEC team we played. It was our toughest game because though we have stud athletes up and down the roster. They are still amateurs and are kids. Their effort and focus is highly inconsistent from game to game and many times play to play. It's what makes college football better (in my opinion) than the NFL. You get a more inconsistent product where a Charlotte Southern Sisters of the Poor can waltz into Neyland Stadium and beat the Vols.
Thing is - he could have just said that. He needs to keep the word "Alabama" out of his mouth. He takes every opportunity to poke the bear. I hope he gets mauled.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

And to assuage the good ol' ACC for Ga. Tech's falling flat on its a--, er, its ACC face in losing to Pat Conroy Academy last Sa'ddy....

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Dabo really likes those passive aggressive comments directed at Alabama . Seems he can’t keep The Crimson Tide out of his mind.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I understand what you are saying But politely disagree. Bama played Citadel before the Barn. I’m sure, there was a lot of preparation for Malzahn’s offense that week , and less on the Citadel

Wakecrash

Suspended
Sep 22, 2018
Waiting for an ESPN commentator to call out his B. S. or how the GOAT and Alabama are living rent free in his head. Has that happened in case I missed it?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.