Question: What do you expect to see when the Barn faces The Aggies?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Mond is a qb that is good against 2 teams a year and Auburn isn’t one of them. Unless not scoring in the 4th quarter was Jimbo’s plan all along then I would say Jimbo’s plan was basically the Kirby Smart’s “ sitting on a lead” strategy.
Mond reminds me of Jordan Jefferson, during warm ups he looks like a great QB on the field he looks lost. One of his two games will be against Alabama, probably a Heisman performance.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Mond reminds me of Jordan Jefferson, during warm ups he looks like a great QB on the field he looks lost. One of his two games will be against Alabama, probably a Heisman performance.
JJ never had a great game against Alabama

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
JJ never had a great game against Alabama
Him and Lee beat Alabama in 2010 and 2011. It was basically both getting pulled and saving the other in both games.

I would say the closet of what Mond has done to us compared to others is more comparable to Nick Marshall.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Him and Lee beat Alabama in 2010 and 2011. It was basically both getting pulled and saving the other in both games.

I would say the closet of what Mond has done to us compared to others is more comparable to Nick Marshall.
Both teams had great defenses, and it came down to which team made fewer mistakes on offense and special teams. The LSU QBs did not play well - they just made fewer mistakes.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I expect A&M to find a way to lose the game more than auburn winning the game.
The Aggies defense are good up front esp. their Dline which has improved greatly in the last 2 years.
They held Clemson to 121 total yards on the ground (3.7 per rush) on the road. Etienne was held in check. In fact, Dixon their other back had more success. Clemson only put up 389 total yards of offense at home.If their secondary can tighten up, auburn will have a hard time moving the ball.
Auburn has to establish the run in order to take the pressure of Nix who will most likely not win this game solely on his passing acumen.The barn OL will not push anyone around, see Oregon and Tulane for example. Its been said before and worth repeating, if Mond doesn’t screw up, they should win this game. He has big, tall WRs and if they start to play up their standards, they will move the ball quite easy.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
The more I think about this, the more I think it will be very similar to the AU-Oregon game. Nix will struggle in the first half, but the defense will keep AU in the game. Then late in the game, A&M will make some mistakes and AU will have a couple of lucky plays and eek out a win. Overall a low scoring game. Maybe 24-21.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
.....but, but, but, don't forget the aggie culture, crazy yells, hand gestures, kissing girlfriend and THE 12TH MAN! How could the aggies lose?

aTM 17 - barn 13

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
...and boy cheerleaders!!! :Joker_PDT_06: I know it's tradition, but I still prefer that my cheerleaders be...cute and curvy? (Can I say that?)

on TideFans.com
.....but, but, but, don't forget the aggie culture, crazy yells, hand gestures, kissing girlfriend and THE 12TH MAN! How could the aggies lose?

aTM 17 - barn 13

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
auburn under Gus has not been a very good road team. If Mond doesn't screw up, aggies should take care off business at home.
TAMU defense is solid on their front 7, their secondary is another story.
Yeah, awbern at home (with zebras) is a tough game but since it is in College Station, I expect aTm to win... :cool2:

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
if not for the Auburn luck factor i'd be beyond shocked if they won this game. No way will Nix be able to handle his first true road test. But it's Auburn which means anything can, and usually does happen.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
This has to be a huge game for Jimbo and his future because it's A&M's best chance to beat a ranked team this season. They will play 5 ranked teams (Clemson, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, and LSU). If they end up this season going 0-5 against those ranked teams there's probably going to be some grumbling among Aggie fans that maybe Jimbo is not the answer.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't think Aggy is as bad as Clemson made them look nor do I think Auburn's season opening win deserving of the acclaim it received.

It'll be a contested game, for sure, but I think TAMU wins by 2 scores late.

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
I expect to see two Cow Colleges playing each other. Both with meddlesome boosters, but one with an infinitely bigger checkbook.

Since both can’t lose, my guess is A&M finds a way to pull it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Other than Bama vs Southern Miss the game I most want to see is this one. It will tell us a lot about two future opponents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I expect aTm to score early and fairly often, and then in the 4th quarter the magic pixie dust will float down from the sky to cover the whole barn team. From this, FGs will be kicked from 100 yards and impossible receptions will be made while turning flips in midair to give them just enough points to win.

As usual. Barn luck will prevail.

No offense intended to AUDub, of course.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.