Question: What do you expect to see when the Barn faces The Aggies?

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
This is a tough one because of the confidence factor. This is supposed to be a close game with the home field advantage in play. The problem (for me) is I have zero confidence in Mond or Fisher. Therefore Nix and Gus win by default.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Really want A&M to win but I just don't see it happening. I think the best thing going for A&M is this is almost a must win game for them if they want to have a decent season. They've already lost to Clemson and still have Alabama, Georgia and LSU on the schedule. Big swing game for both teams..

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Could be an ugly game of football. These teams look a lot alike. Normally, I go with home field and the upperclassman qb. So I think A&M will win, but I wouldn't bet on this game with stolen money.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Could be an ugly game of football. These teams look a lot alike. Normally, I go with home field and the upperclassman qb. So I think A&M will win, but I wouldn't bet on this game with stolen money.
What about counterfeit?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It’s probably the hardest pick of the day. Gus has owned aTm in CS, and Steele has destroyed Mond.

I’m not comfortable taking either team with their bad qbs but I think Jimbo plays Gus way too conservative and that will be the difference in the game.

Aub 27-17

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
It’s probably the hardest pick of the day. Gus has owned aTm in CS, and Steele has destroyed Mond.

I’m not comfortable taking either team with their bad qbs but I think Jimbo plays Gus way too conservative and that will be the difference in the game.

Aub 27-17
IIRC, Jimbo had a good game plan at JH. He got cute and had Mond throwing passes when they didn't need to in the waning minutes of the game.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
IIRC, Jimbo had a good game plan at JH. He got cute and had Mond throwing passes when they didn't need to in the waning minutes of the game.
Part of that was Auburn finally not respecting Mond in the running game and emphasizing stopping Trayveon Williams. Once we bottled him up, their run game ground to a halt.

Then it was just a matter of Mond being Mond.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Mond is a qb that is good against 2 teams a year and Auburn isn’t one of them. Unless not scoring in the 4th quarter was Jimbo’s plan all along then I would say Jimbo’s plan was basically the Kirby Smart’s “ sitting on a lead” strategy.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
As much temptation as there is to take the home team, Auburn will win this. It just "feels" like this is a big win for them, and aTm falls off the cliff afterwards. Headed to 6-6, maybe 7-5. I've just been a college football fan in this state too long, and it almost becomes predictable.

Agbarn 27, Ag-ease 13.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
IMO, CJF is one of the more overrated coaches in the country. A&M can win but Gus and co will have to out derp them for A&M to win the turnip.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
IMO, CJF is one of the more overrated coaches in the country. A&M can win but Gus and co will have to out derp them for A&M to win the turnip.
I tend to agree. I think Gus has out coached Jimbo both times they met,but Jimbo out quarterbacked Gus in 2013. Without Jamies Winston Jimbo is an average at best coach. I think if we take that championship out of the equation Jimbo is probably in the middle of the pack amongst SEC coaches.

Imo Jimbo gets very tight in ball games and it usually ends up costing him. Gus has the opposite problem. So I think the team that takes the most chances usually wins.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.