News Article: Justin Trudeau in brownface
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Bamaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Jacksonville, Md USA
    Posts
    21,197

    Justin Trudeau in brownface

    Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is under fire after a photo emerged of him wearing brownface to a party at a school where he was a teacher nearly 20 years ago. Trudeau, who faces re-election next month, said Wednesday night he "regrets it deeply."

    "I should have known better," Trudeau told reporters. "I'm ....ed off at myself. I'm disappointed in myself."
    Trudeau was a 29-year-old teacher at West Point Grey Academy when the picture was taken, Liberal Party spokesperson Zita Astravas said in a statement to CBS News. The photo, first published by Time magazine Wednesday, was taken at a 2001 dinner, which had an "Arabian Nights" theme. Astravas said Trudeau was dressed as a character from Aladdin.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/justin-...ty-2019-09-18/


  2. #2
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
    Posts
    20,244

    Re: Justin Trudeau in brownface

    I wish Trudeau wouldn't act like he did something wrong. Catering to the hyper-sensitive just leads to more of this nonsense.

    God forbid someone see the pictures from my wife's birthday party last year when her co-workers took her to a Tex-Mex restaurant and she was given a sombrero to wear.
    Last edited by Bodhisattva; September 19th, 2019 at 04:11 PM. Reason: typo
    Bodhi


    Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

  3. #3
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Shiner, TX
    Posts
    23,340

    Re: Justin Trudeau in brownface

    Who cares. We all did dumb things in our younger days...some of y'all still do.

  4. #4
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hooterville, Vir.
    Posts
    16,439

    Re: Justin Trudeau in brownface

    Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    Who cares. We all did dumb things in our younger days...some of y'all still do.
    My Canadian colleagues do not care for Trudeau, but in my view this smacks of "gotcha!" politics, only of value because it embarrasses the other party. Does anyone really think that Trudeau is a racist? Really? My Canadian friends' critique is that Trudeau is that he is too sensitive to such things, and apologizing for things he did not do, nor did any living Canadian.

    That said, there are fixing to be a lot of young politicians who are fixing to learn with regret that somebody at that party ten years ago had a smartphone and saved those pictures. Thank goodness I never did anything stupid when I was young.

  5. #5
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TexasBama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Houston, Texas USA
    Posts
    9,502

    Re: Justin Trudeau in brownface

    They had smartphones when I was young

    Name:  s-l640.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  28.9 KB

  6. #6
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Mobile, AL USA
    Posts
    307

    Re: Justin Trudeau in brownface

    Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    Who cares. We all did dumb things in our younger days...some of y'all still do.
    Kavanaugh sez "Thank you"!

  7. #7
    BamaNation First Team Toddrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Woodstock, Ga
    Posts
    823

    Re: Justin Trudeau in brownface

    Party line!
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasBama View Post
    They had smartphones when I was young

    Name:  s-l640.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  28.9 KB

  8. #8
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    65,116

    Re: Justin Trudeau in brownface

    Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    My Canadian colleagues do not care for Trudeau, but in my view this smacks of "gotcha!" politics, only of value because it embarrasses the other party. Does anyone really think that Trudeau is a racist? Really? My Canadian friends' critique is that Trudeau is that he is too sensitive to such things, and apologizing for things he did not do, nor did any living Canadian.

    That said, there are fixing to be a lot of young politicians who are fixing to learn with regret that somebody at that party ten years ago had a smartphone and saved those pictures. Thank goodness I never did anything stupid when I was young.
    Lord, I'm glad smartphones weren't around. The damned Kodak pix are bad enough...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear