News Article: Justin Trudeau in brownface

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is under fire after a photo emerged of him wearing brownface to a party at a school where he was a teacher nearly 20 years ago. Trudeau, who faces re-election next month, said Wednesday night he "regrets it deeply."

"I should have known better," Trudeau told reporters. "I'm ....ed off at myself. I'm disappointed in myself."
Trudeau was a 29-year-old teacher at West Point Grey Academy when the picture was taken, Liberal Party spokesperson Zita Astravas said in a statement to CBS News. The photo, first published by Time magazine Wednesday, was taken at a 2001 dinner, which had an "Arabian Nights" theme. Astravas said Trudeau was dressed as a character from Aladdin.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/justin...-point-grey-academy-college-party-2019-09-18/

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I wish Trudeau wouldn't act like he did something wrong. Catering to the hyper-sensitive just leads to more of this nonsense.

God forbid someone see the pictures from my wife's birthday party last year when her co-workers took her to a Tex-Mex restaurant and she was given a sombrero to wear.

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Who cares. We all did dumb things in our younger days...some of y'all still do. ;)
My Canadian colleagues do not care for Trudeau, but in my view this smacks of "gotcha!" politics, only of value because it embarrasses the other party. Does anyone really think that Trudeau is a racist? Really? My Canadian friends' critique is that Trudeau is that he is too sensitive to such things, and apologizing for things he did not do, nor did any living Canadian.

That said, there are fixing to be a lot of young politicians who are fixing to learn with regret that somebody at that party ten years ago had a smartphone and saved those pictures. Thank goodness I never did anything stupid when I was young.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My Canadian colleagues do not care for Trudeau, but in my view this smacks of "gotcha!" politics, only of value because it embarrasses the other party. Does anyone really think that Trudeau is a racist? Really? My Canadian friends' critique is that Trudeau is that he is too sensitive to such things, and apologizing for things he did not do, nor did any living Canadian.

That said, there are fixing to be a lot of young politicians who are fixing to learn with regret that somebody at that party ten years ago had a smartphone and saved those pictures. Thank goodness I never did anything stupid when I was young.
Lord, I'm glad smartphones weren't around. The damned Kodak pix are bad enough... :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.