Green technologies help to produce this toxic sludge lake in China

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
U.S. mining sites dump millions of gallons of toxic waste into drinking water sources

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-us-mining-wastewater-pollution-20190220-story.html

Assuming you're concerned about mining waste
Like that mine/sludge that burst in CO a few years ago. The sludge from the China plant is pseudo mining, more refining though for "rare earth" metals that go into computers, wind turbines, cell phones, etc. But I'm not going to split hairs over it.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I don't know who considers computers, etc., "green technology." Quite the opposite, in fact...
I think it’s more of a reference to hybrid and EV cars that use a ton of rare earth elements: green cars aren’t very green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think it’s more of a reference to hybrid and EV cars that use a ton of rare earth elements: green cars aren’t very green.

Maybe so, but there is much, much more used in computers, smart phones, etc., enough to dwarf the amount in e-cars...

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Maybe so, but there is much, much more used in computers, smart phones, etc., enough to dwarf the amount in e-cars...
Oh no, I don’t disagree. For me, it’s the push to go green with cars. It seems like every car manufacturer is advertising their green cars (save a few that are using e-cars for performance) and the masses don’t understand the repercussions of not only the electronics involved but where your getting your juice (mostly coal plants).

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Oh no, I don’t disagree. For me, it’s the push to go green with cars. It seems like every car manufacturer is advertising their green cars (save a few that are using e-cars for performance) and the masses don’t understand the repercussions of not only the electronics involved but where your getting your juice (mostly coal plants).

so yeah, not true at all

and to your 1 specific claim about "where your[sic] getting your juice" even in the worst coal producing State in the Country, West Virginia an EV powered by 95.7% Coal does better than the average gas powered car in carbon emissions.

https://www.energy.gov/eere/vehicle...16-well-wheel-emissions-typical-ev-state-2015

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.