I didn't watch the UH @ Tulane game, but the ending was spectacular!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Thanks for posting. I watched the 1st half and missed the 2nd half. When working out today, I saw the score and could not believe it.

That former Sam Houston State University coach may be really improving the Tulane program.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
When I was watching the highlights this morning I didn't understand why the Tulane Green Wave is now blue. Did they have special uniforms on last night?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
When I was watching the highlights this morning I didn't understand why the Tulane Green Wave is now blue. Did they have special uniforms on last night?
I was also wondering about that last night. Maybe they need to become the BLUE Wave.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
The uniforms caused me a double-take. That light blue has historically been in their palette, but they heretofore had emphasized the green. First glance they looked like North Carolina.

Last edited:

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
I was sittin there calling what plays houston was gonna run that last drive. Tulane couldn't stop that qb sweep, and their tackling was so poor, the power run game worked to offset the sweeps. Got down to the goal line and went away from that qb sweep...that got them to the goal line. Love it when an offensive genius outsmarts himself!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
A Houston WR dropped a most likely game winning TD pass with less than 25 seconds and they had to settle for the FG to tie it. Two plays later Tulane pulled a miracle and won the game.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I turned it on when Houston was way up and figured it wouldn't be that exciting of a game so watched something else and then later went back and it was all tied up with about 7 minutes left! Watched it to the end and was glad I did...what an ending...and on a Thursday night, too!

Like I said in the other thread - Tulane got shafted when Houston got a call in their favor that gave Houston a 1st down and chance to tie or go ahead. Then because of some really dumb (IMHO) play calling they only tied it up.

The rest is history of course with Tulane's game winning drive as depicted in the OP's post.

I wasn't really pulling for either team until that ridiculous roughing the passer penalty against Tulane.

College football.....there's nothing like it! :)

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.