Question: Georgia vs ND...what’s up with the hype?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
When folks are so certain one way it usually goes the exact opposite. I’m kinda thinking it’s going to be very close

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
It's one of the few top 10 games we have had so far and I can understand the hype. I am intrigued and am looking forward to watching it. I think UGA will win handily and we/SEC need them to.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I think UGA will win by at least 2-3 TD's. Rush defense for Notre Dame is not good from what I have read. UGA has a great run game.

At least UGA will put Notre Dame out of the playoff picture on Saturday, leaving a stronger possibility for 2 SEC teams to get in.... maybe.

There are a few stores around Athens that have removed the Irish Soap from their shelves. :) I read that on ajc.com. The news site has been hyping up this game for over a week now with lots of articles.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Game could be close if Notre Dame's D shuts down Swift and makes Fromm beat them. Fromm will probably beat them but it will at least make it more competitive.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I think UGA will win by at least 2-3 TD's. Rush defense for Notre Dame is not good from what I have read. UGA has a great run game.

At least UGA will put Notre Dame out of the playoff picture on Saturday, leaving a stronger possibility for 2 SEC teams to get in.... maybe.

There are a few stores around Athens that have removed the Irish Soap from their shelves. :) I read that on ajc.com. The news site has been hyping up this game for over a week now with lots of articles.
The Irish Spring thing has been reported on the radio as well........ kinda funny, but WSB has been all over the game and everything about it all day

Dooley’s comments about UGA never hosting an out of conference or in conference opponent with the national rep of ND in Athens between the hedges made me roll my eyes.......

Last edited:

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
A top 10 match up on a weekend when there arent any other marque games will get hyped.

Should Notre Dame be in the top 10? I doubt it. If they happen to give Georgia a good game I'll change my mind.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
ND has got better, but GA. is still the better bet.
I think a loss by either helps us in the long run...
What would really help us is a 7-6 game with 3-4 interceptions by both teams.

BUT...
In the spirit of the SEC, I'll pull for GA.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Probably some hype because a year ago many felt that Georgia, not Notre Dame should have been the 4th playoff team. I'll be rooting for Georgia. I always root for two teams. Alabama and whoever is playing Notre Dame.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
All the hype with everyone going with UGA in a slaughter can't be good for the dawgs. The consensus is a Georgia win by 14. This is going to be a closer game that we think I suspect due in large part to this hype thing.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Kinda hoping UGA gets smacked around. One, it might just put ND back in the playoffs :)

And two, it would be fun to watch the meltdown in Athens

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
Kinda hoping UGA gets smacked around. One, it might just put ND back in the playoffs :)

And two, it would be fun to watch the meltdown in Athens
I would not pull for Notre Dame if they were playing the entire host of satan's demons.

I do hope they expose some weakness in that O line and run game along with some tells from the DB's.

My wish is to bring tears to the fire plug tinklers for the third year in a row in Atlanta. RTR

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
In games like this I ask myself a simple question - which team's loss helps Alabama and OSU the most. IMO, a ND loss helps both. An undefeated ND is getting in the CFP, taking up a slot that could go to either. A GA loss really decides nothing for them. They could still win out and get into the CFP.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.