Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread Bama vs. USM...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I fell pretty good about today's performance. The offense and defense looked solid. Tua was his usual outstanding self. He had a 98.3 QBR. I have the feeling this team is focused on improving. I have think they will improve as the season goes. We still need to work on the he running game some.
Roll Tide!
You obviously weren't watching the game - Bama will be lucky to win 10 this season!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I thought the most positive sign today was an improved running game.

Najee had 14 carries for 110 yards (7.86 YPC) and BRob had 8 Carries for 39 Yards (4.875 YPC)

They were hitting holes and running with authority. We still have a lot of work to do but it was a welcomed sight.

I'm still VERY concerned about our defense. We still have large portions of games where we play sloppy, miss tackles, are out of position/Lost, and let WR's make 50/50 Jumpball catches.

They show flashes of what their potential upside could be but it comes and goes.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Whew, it was hot out there again today and more humid. The defense was much better, Tua was - well Tua. The receivers are uncoverable. The running game was better.

Roll Tide!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I thought the most positive sign today was an improved running game.

Najee had 14 carries for 110 yards (7.86 YPC) and BRob had 8 Carries for 39 Yards (4.875 YPC)

They were hitting holes and running with authority. We still have a lot of work to do but it was a welcomed sight.

I'm still VERY concerned about our defense. We still have large portions of games where we play sloppy, miss tackles, are out of position/Lost, and let WR's make 50/50 Jumpball catches.

They show flashes of what their potential upside could be but it comes and goes.
One of the few things the announcers got right today was that the youngsters don't look today like they will in 2 or 3 weeks...

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
Roll Tide! Bama exceeded my expectations beating the spread, improved running and held their own most of the time against a pretty darn good passing attack from Southern Miss.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
It was nice to see a 100+ day for a running back. It seems like it's been a long time since we've seen that. Harris is hitting the hole with more authority and is clearly the #1 now. Brob and Ford both showed some power as well. Tua was Tua, which is to say awesome. His brothers 20 yard completion looked almost wizard like. he's clearly got some of that weird voodoo that his brother has.

Defensively they were definitely improved. it's just a missed tackle here and there that's making them look bad at times. The freshman linebackers still look confused at times. Both of them can draw a bead on the ball carrier once it gets to that part it's just getting them in position. Hopefully they will get better every week.

then we have a kicker who hurts himself on a non-contact injury involving a tee. What is it with Alabama and kickers. What God did we insult in the past to explain this?

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Another very fine performance by the offense, including a better running game. Looks like they realize 22 is the man - big gap between he and the rest. Sorry Keilan Robinson did not play.

The defense is improving even with 5 true freshmen essentially starting - amazing that an elite program can have that many and play as well as they have. Truly amazing. Lewis and Ray out and Dale missed major time. Starters have allowed 2 TDs, gotten 10 TOs in 4 games vs 2 decent P5 teams, 1 decent G5 and 1 bad FBS team.

Only downer was loss of Reichard - probably don't need him til LSU.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
LSU gave up 38 points to Vandy. I would think had Vandy not scored so many points Burrow would not have played as long as he did.
I saw that Joe Burrow kept up with Tua—6 td passes and 398 yds passing.

Glad we got the win today but we will need to continue to improve if we want to make the playoffs.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Glad we got the win today but we will need to continue to improve if we want to make the playoffs.
Tua managed his stats on 21 attempts. Burrow had 34 passing attempts. Their stats really aren't comparable at all.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Alabama and LSU both have big defensive problems. Auburn is really well built to give each problems despite not having as much firepower.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I don't know how he's doing it, because I haven't watched them outside of the Texas game, but I'm going to have be convinced he is in Tua's league when they play later this year.

I remember Fournette was the greatest RB in the history of the game and Henry made him look like a high schooler (I realize it was our defense that actually stopped him, but you get my point I hope).

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I could see Auburn getting blown up by Alabama and LSU because they can't keep up the scoring pace but not hard to imagine them TOPballing each and haranguing the opposing QB into enough mistakes.

Especially true for Alabama who gets to go to Auburn and Auburn's D will get to line up offsides on 3rd down and take piggy back rides on our WRs without officiating harm.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Alabama and LSU both have big defensive problems. Auburn is really well built to give each problems despite not having as much firepower.
Mond took their secondary apart today. Took them apart with terrible receivers. Imagine what Tua and your receivers will do to that secondary.

Every team has weaknesses. Alabama fans are too caught up in your weaknesses. Relax. You are a lot better than you think that you are.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm extremely impressed with Burrow this year. I liked the guy last year because of his Jake Coker like toughness.

Now he's improved his passing skills in their new system exponentially from last season.

Joe Burrow 2018 - 219 of 379 (57.8%) for 2,894 yards (7.6 YPA) 16 TD's and 5 INT's

Joe Burrow 2019 - 100 of 124 (80.6%) for 1,520 yards (12.3 YPA) 17 TD's and 2 INT's

He's already thrown for over HALF of last season's passing yards through 4 games and has eclipsed his Season Total for TD's through 4 games.

I mean give the man credit where it's due.... He's in a 3 man Race with Jalen and Tua right now for NYC.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.