Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread Bama vs. USM...

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Mond took their secondary apart today. Took them apart with terrible receivers. Imagine what Tua and your receivers will do to that secondary.

Every team has weaknesses. Alabama fans are too caught up in your weaknesses. Relax. You are a lot better than you think that you are.
I love Alabama and the fanbase but laughed really hard when someone on Rollbamaroll compared Alabama fans to a teenage girl who dwells too heavily on her own flaws while putting everyone else up a pedestal.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I love Alabama and the fanbase but laughed really hard when someone on Rollbamaroll compared Alabama fans to a teenage girl who dwells too heavily on her own flaws while putting everyone else up a pedestal.
There is a large segment about whom that characterization is perfect.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Looks like LSU is for real and they will have been tested more than we will have been. They have another tough game against Florida and Auburn before us. If they come in there undefeated and lose to us they may still get in. In fact it may benefit them not having to play in the championship game. A great deal will depend on how Texas finishes out.

SkullDuckery

1st Team
Dec 28, 2015
I could see Auburn getting blown up by Alabama and LSU because they can't keep up the scoring pace but not hard to imagine them TOPballing each and haranguing the opposing QB into enough mistakes.

Especially true for Alabama who gets to go to Auburn and Auburn's D will get to line up offsides on 3rd down and take piggy back rides on our WRs without officiating harm.
That’s what they did to A&M today

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I saw that Joe Burrow kept up with Tua—6 td passes and 398 yds passing.

Glad we got the win today but we will need to continue to improve if we want to make the playoffs.
I was curious how long he was in the game...he threw that sixth TD after scoring 45 already. But the LSU defense keeps him around.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I was curious how long he was in the game...he threw that sixth TD after scoring 45 already. But the LSU defense keeps him around.
Burrow was in the game throwing a couple of (incomplete) passes on their first possession at the very beginning of the 4th quarter, then they punted. LSU was up 59-31 at the time.

Brennan came in at QB for LSU on their next possession at the 11:30 mark.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Shane Lee is a big fella. Especially for a true freshman. And he was covering a running back 20 yards down the field and doing well at it.
I love the "youth movement" going on in Tuscaloosa.
These youngsters will make freshman mistakes, but they are gaining experience that will help in the long run.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Shane Lee is a big fella. Especially for a true freshman. And he was covering a running back 20 yards down the field and doing well at it.
I love the "youth movement" going on in Tuscaloosa.
These youngsters will make freshman mistakes, but they are gaining experience that will help in the long run.
I noticed that, but hope he isn't asked to do it too much. He did a great job, but that would wipe him out if he did it often in a game at his size.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
He's a monster.

And just because no one else has mentioned it in the thread yet,

On that long TD, Ruggs turned COMPLETELY AROUND to catch that pass and the safety STILL couldn't catch him! That's insane!
That's real speed man. I don't think it'll happen but here is to hoping he runs a sub 4.2 at the combine.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Najee looked better this game. Not sure if it was the OL playing better or the competition or maybe something has finally clicked for him. I hope its the last one. But he was hitting holes hard. If he keeps doing that then he might just live up to his potential this season and that should be scary for any team considering how our passing game is clicking.

Defense looked better. I really like our CBs and I think they may surprise some people vs LSU. (I do still worry about the defense long term with so many young players. but it is what it is)

Agreed that Barmore probably deserves more snaps from here on out.

Shane Lee and Battle have been really impressive for true freshman. For such a big dude Shane Lee has consistently made some plays in coverage. And Battle's coverage skills have been really impressive at times as well. Someone pointed out on twitter that on the play where Diggs got his INT that Battle also had great coverage on his man.

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I wonder if Barimore is the kid that just turns it on when the cameras are rolling.

You'd think if he was playing like that in practice he'd be getting more PT...but when he's in during a game he's a difference maker.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I wonder if Barimore is the kid that just turns it on when the cameras are rolling.

You'd think if he was playing like that in practice he'd be getting more PT...but when he's in during a game he's a difference maker.
You may be on to something. Hopefully if this is the case he will get it done in practice too.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Alabama and LSU both have big defensive problems. Auburn is really well built to give each problems despite not having as much firepower.
Exactly. From what I have seen of Alabama and LSU, that November game may come down to which team has the ball last. I initially thought LSU would easily handle Auburn in Baton Rouge; I am not so sure now.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Exactly. From what I have seen of Alabama and LSU, that November game may come down to which team has the ball last. I initially thought LSU would easily handle Auburn in Baton Rouge; I am not so sure now.
Sorry. Just don’t see it. LSU traded in a pick up truck for a speedster. At some point, you misplay a curve and put it in the ditch. This Burrows cat is arrogant and cocky. That often spells disaster in big games

We beat LSU by 20.

And that’s because we chill in the 4th

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.