Madison County development map...

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
When I click on the link. Why does it do I get this reply?

BamaHoHo, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
When I click on the link. Why does it do I get this reply?

BamaHoHo, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I don't see a link. It looks like you're getting this message because you're trying to click on an uploaded image.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
This was from a map published in 2003. It has proven to be amazingly accurate...

View attachment 4439
Curious what the development is along the northern and western county boundaries is.

Spotsylvania County Virginia has been a model for how not to do development. Contractor comes in, spreads a little backsheesh around the county supervisors, builds neighborhoods with 400 housing units and then presto! Inadequate schools, crammed-packed road networks. Spotsylvania is now one of the worst places on Earth. Fredericksburg/Spotsylvania ia awful. Simply awful.
Well done Spotsylvania Board of Supervisors. Well done.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Curious what the development is along the northern and western county boundaries is.

Spotsylvania County Virginia has been a model for how not to do development. Contractor comes in, spreads a little backsheesh around the county supervisors, builds neighborhoods with 400 housing units and then presto! Inadequate schools, crammed-packed road networks. Spotsylvania is now one of the worst places on Earth. Fredericksburg/Spotsylvania ia awful. Simply awful.
Well done Spotsylvania Board of Supervisors. Well done.
There is a lot of concern around here about growth for growth's sake. Huntsville actually spills over into Limestone County in the west and Morgan County across the river to the south...

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
There is a lot of concern around here about growth for growth's sake. Huntsville actually spills over into Limestone County in the west and Morgan County across the river to the south...
I looked at a map and it looks like there had been annexation all the way to IH 65 west of Mooresville.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
That big blue blob in the first map in original post is Redstone Arsenal. I liked Huntsville a lot better when it was smaller but oh well.

Here is a recent night shot of Huntsville.

Day shot of roughly the same area.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
That big blue blob in the first map in original post is Redstone Arsenal. I liked Huntsville a lot better when it was smaller but oh well.

Here is a recent night shot of Huntsville.

Day shot of roughly the same area.

It's gone gone downhill since the Plush Horse and Lanza's closed. :)

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
RSA is still largely undeveloped. As most ranges and bunkers are not developable. I did a presentation on the dev of madison county about 15 years ago with a slide show (i know, i’m old school) of development between circa 1980 thru 2005’ish.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
These aerial shots are just the central part of town. The overdevelopment problem really lies out in the county, outside the city limits...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.