Game Thread: ND vs UGA Game Thread

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I was impressed with ND's grit, they played hard the entire 60 minutes. UGA reminds me of Alabama, they drive the length of the field, making great plays, score. Their next possession pretty much the same scenario. Then all of a sudden the offense shuts down and/or goes backward, they lose complete focus, missed assignments, dropped passes, and avoidable penalties that kill drives.
They remind me of Alabama circa 2012! Big , physical , Run first, play action, physical defense. I don’t think Kirby agreed with Nick’s adoption of a more modern offense. Maybe that was why he left when he did?
I was impressed with ND as well. They lost the game in the third quarter, the other three were pretty much draws or ND won. This was a win for the Dawgs, but I know some Georgia fans that were obnoxious before, that are now scared! I give them 2 weeks, they will be obnoxious again.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I am glad UGA won a close game instead of a blowout. That will put Notre Dame out of the playoffs.

Now someone in the SEC needs to beat UGA so they will have 1 loss coming into the SEC championship game. But I don't want it to be Auburn because I want Auburn to lose every game unless it somehow helps BAMA.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Not impressed with Notre Dame, and not that impressed with Georgia. Georgia should have boat raced Notre Dame. Notre Dame isn't much different than a year ago when Clemson toyed with them, and its silly to see some of the media reaction to this game as if it were supposedly a CFP playoff preview. Oklahoma, Ohio State, Alabama, and LSU would have put 45+ on that team last night.

I don't know exactly what, but something is amiss with Kirby's handling of big games. I'm fine with it continuing.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Notre Dame played a lot better on defense than I expected, but I don't think their offense fares well against a really good D.
I agree. ND's whole offense were the passes to the TE Kmet. I was surprised Kirby had so much trouble finding a way to cover that guy. Some team will find a way to shut that guy down and then ND doesn't have much.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.