Game Thread: ND vs UGA Game Thread

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Don't sleep on UF with a functional QB now, the barn, and USCe is going to be a decent team.
In the East, I really don’t see anyone but Mizzou coming close to beating them. For Florida to beat them it would be solely because of Mullen pulling some Jacksonville magic.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
UGA tried to get cute on their last drive and call a reverse, I don’t know, still unimpressed with Kirby in late game situations.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If we are really going to go down the Top 5 potential losses for UGA, then it would go like this:

1) @ Barn
2) vs Mizzou
3) Florida
4) vs USCe
5) vs aTm.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
UGA tried to get cute on their last drive and call a reverse, I don’t know, still unimpressed with Kirby in late game situations.
I didn't like Kirby's decision to kick that final field goal. I think going on 4th and 1 with ND's defense gassed was the better call. If they go on to score the TD there then ND has no chance but they gave ND a chance to score a late TD and beat them by 1 point.

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
Kirby may be even dumber than Gary Danielson. Even Gary knew that Georgia should have gone for it on 4th and 1/2 yard instead of kicking field goal.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
the same Mizzou that lost to Wyoming?
Mizzou is probably the 2nd best team in the east, and definitely has the 2nd best QB in the East. So highly unlikely they beat UGA, but probably more likely than Florida.

I think folks are jumping on Florida when there are red flags warning you that they are pretenders. They are probably going to get whacked in 2 weeks.

Personally I think the Barn has the best shot because they are at home and they have the best lines going against UGA. Everyone after the mention of the barn is just extreme wishful thinking.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Mizzou is probably the 2nd best team in the east, and definitely has the 2nd best QB in the East. So highly unlikely they beat UGA, but probably more likely than Florida.

I think folks are jumping on Florida when there are red flags warning you that they are pretenders. They are probably going to get whacked in 2 weeks.

Personally I think the Barn has the best shot because they are at home and they have the best lines going against UGA. Everyone after the mention of the barn is just extreme wishful thinking.
I am sure uga will go full uga and lose to some team they have no business losing to.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Sometimes someone else can explain your thoughts better than you

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/georgia-beats-notre-dame-but-remains-too-conservative-in-big-games/ar-AAHFuZW?ocid=spartanntp

But as an omen for what’s going to matter several weeks down the line? Let’s just say nothing happened over the course of nearly four hours Saturday night that is going to convert the non-believers.To say it plainly, Georgia very nearly gagged away a game it should have strangled the life out of, a game that had no business being in doubt in the final two minutes when Notre Dame got the ball back near midfield with two minutes left. And it almost happened for the same reason Georgia has fallen short against Alabama in the biggest moments the last two years: Instead of landing the knockout punch, the Bulldogs try to sit on the lead and win it with their defense....

It worked against Notre Dame – barely. It’s not going to work against Alabama, Clemson or Ohio State....

“You don’t really know what’s inside you in life or football until you’re tested,” Georgia coach Kirby Smart said. “We’re not perfect, but man they’ll fight you.”Nobody is going to question the fight or the physicality of the team Smart has built. It was a punishing game Saturday from start to finish, the difference being Georgia’s ability to run the ball better than Notre Dame (the yardage differential was 152-46) and forcing Irish quarterback Ian Book into two second-half interceptions.....“We want to be a dominant team in the fourth quarter and break people’s will and win the line of scrimmage,” Smart said. “That’s what this team is built on.”In fact, though, Georgia didn’t break Notre Dame’s will. The Irish came back after that field goal and marched 75 yards in 3:46, got a quick three-and-out with a bad punt on top of it and had the ball at Georgia’s 40 with enough time left to go win the game. Credit to the Bulldogs for ratcheting up the pressure there and forcing Book into three incompletions to end the game, but it was far scarier than it should ever have been....

“We want to be a dominant team in the fourth quarter and break people’s will and win the line of scrimmage,” Smart said. “That’s what this team is built on.”In fact, though, Georgia didn’t break Notre Dame’s will. The Irish came back after that field goal and marched 75 yards in 3:46, got a quick three-and-out with a bad punt on top of it and had the ball at Georgia’s 40 with enough time left to go win the game. Credit to the Bulldogs for ratcheting up the pressure there and forcing Book into three incompletions to end the game, but it was far scarier than it should ever have been.....

But if the goal for Georgia is winning a national championship, you have to wonder if there’s a pattern here in the biggest moments.College Football Playoff championship game two years ago: Georgia takes a 20-10 lead over Alabama into the fourth quarter, takes the ball out of Fromm’s hands to try to run the clock, loses.SEC championship game last season: Georgia takes a 28-14 lead over Alabama in the third quarter, starts playing not to lose, gets predictable on offense, loses.And had Notre Dame been able to finish that last drive on Saturday, it would have happened again. The fact the Fighting Irish even had a chance to do it in the first place should raise some questions about whether Smart wants to change or if he will keep on doing the same thing when it’s tight.We won’t learn much more about Georgia now probably until Nov. 16 when it goes to Auburn, but it certainly appears Georgia is a good enough team for three quarters to win a national championship. Are the Bulldogs going to be good enough in the fourth? Their coach lacking the courage to go win the game when it’s there for the taking may well be the biggest obstacle in their path.

[/FONT]

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I was impressed with ND's grit, they played hard the entire 60 minutes. UGA reminds me of Alabama, they drive the length of the field, making great plays, score. Their next possession pretty much the same scenario. Then all of a sudden the offense shuts down and/or goes backward, they lose complete focus, missed assignments, dropped passes, and avoidable penalties that kill drives.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.