Will Reichard injury update?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
If I was Saban, I'd scrap punting and just go for every 4th down. Seriously. There are stats to back up that philosophy. At this point, we're gaining 30-35 yards on a punt with a substantial risk of getting one blocked or housed.
The odds of Tua throwing two incomplete passes in a row is tiny. So, I might agree with this.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
The odds of Tua throwing two incomplete passes in a row is tiny. So, I might agree with this.
How would you rate the odds of a current or currently sidelined 'Bama PK hitting opposing uprights on consecutive kicks. Maybe Saban got hoodwinked into signing the Will Riker who did his booting in the holodeck on Star Kick The Next Generation...

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
It would be great if Tua could punt and play QB, ala Ex-Cowboy great Danny White.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I wonder how many reps the walk on kicker and punter gets in practice, and what they look like compared to the starters.

I know Saban has said the starters kick well and punt well in practice but if the walk on's do also, maybe let them kick a field goal or (especially) punt the ball in a game over the next few weeks. Maybe in the 4th quarter after BAMA has a good lead and the 2nd string Offense is in??

I cringe each time Bama has to punt and most times when Bulovas kicks on kickoffs and field goals/extra points. We don't need bad punts especially vs Texas AM, LSU, Auburn. They will basically get the ball mid field.

I cannot remember if/when Bama has ever had an injured kicker or punter since Saban arrived. These injuries are just crazy each year. Maybe Reichard was being over-worked in practice with all the duties, and when he hit the tee more than the ball Saturday it just caught up with him?? I hope he recovers quickly.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I would have Tua practicing quick kicking from the shotgun and try that on 4th down if dont get the look you want.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
I would have Tua practicing quick kicking from the shotgun and try that on 4th down if dont get the look you want.
Or drop-kicking rather than having to let fate rest on the misdirected toe and instep of a succession of alleged 'Bama FG kickers.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
So Will does well in practice and pre game warm ups, then punts in the Tennessee game and reinjures the hip flexor. Has there been any further news on this? Will he be back at all this season? Looks like that kind of injury takes a lot more time to fully heal than I thought.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
So Will does well in practice and pre game warm ups, then punts in the Tennessee game and reinjures the hip flexor. Has there been any further news on this? Will he be back at all this season? Looks like that kind of injury takes a lot more time to fully heal than I thought.
Probably won't punt/kick for a while. I think that's a smart move given Perine is doing well and Bulovas is doing decent job.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Such an injury needs long term rest and rehab. He probably shouldn't be risked until the playoffs at the earliest. Ideally, we shouldn't see him until next season as muscle injuries are the toughest to heal and it seems time is the best healer in this respect.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
It says a lot about the state of our kicking game that our best option at the position injured himself by kicking the friggin tee instead of the ball.

Step 1: Hit the big brown egg shaped thing with your foot.
Step 2: Go and rest.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It says a lot about the state of our kicking game that our best option at the position injured himself by kicking the friggin tee instead of the ball.

Step 1: Hit the big brown egg shaped thing with your foot.
Step 2: Go and rest.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thing is there's a new, improved tee which helps with the kick and is supposed to avoid this injury...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Did that one punt burn his redshirt or is a medical redshirt still possible?
A med RS would be possible but it has to be applied for later. Personally, I was astounded when he ran out. Later, they said that he was fine in warmups, so I have to take their words for it...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.