The Days of Their Vols (The 2019 Vol meltdown thread)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
oh this has been so glorious. This is the season that just keeps on giving, and I would like to thank Jeremy Pruitt for this top notch Tennessee season. There are just too many great posts, memes, and meltdown articles to keep up with. So this is to keep up with them, so us Vol haters can reflect on this epic year

Here are a few winners of the meltdown so far:

I'm waiting on that thread where the poster tells us the sun will come up tomorrow. Come on sunshine pumpers do your job.

What will the spreads be the rest of the year assuming no injuries

Here my guesses

Georgia -28.5
Miss St -10
At Bama -40
USC - 2
UAB +3
At Kentucky -6
At Missouri -15
Vandy pk.

Butch jones told us to be patient and give him another chance. Now Pruitt makes him look like a god.

We've gone from a Decade of Dominance to a Decade of Dereliction.
I met my wife in 2007 and she didn’t pay any attention to football prior to that. Now, she just thinks she married someone with an annual drinking problem that likes crappy football.
Guy A:
What if in like 20 years we find out Saban paid pruitt or promised a job after if he would just go and sink the vols for good. Would that tarnish Sabans legacy or make him more of a Legend?

GUY B:
Dumb. Saban owns us and doesn’t need to sabotage. We have never really been competitive against him in the past 5 years.

Guy C:
I would not put it past anything Alabama just because of their well documented corruptness........but................Fulmer is responsible for hiring a person who wasn't qualified for the job......Could Fulmer be in on the conspiracy? Maybe.....why? It protects his record against Bama

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Thanks for finding these gems. I love reading all of the craziness in their minds. I wish their stadium would look like a Middle Tennessee State game the next time they play.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Decade of Dominance???

When was this?

From 1995-2004??

They won 5 divisional titles (not too bad except you have to remember how godawful the East was back then)
2 SEC titles (a reminder they still lost to Spurrier the first year they won the SEC)
1 national championship (and yes, they deserved it and were the best team in the country that year)

101-25 overall
65-16 in the SEC

Make no mistake, those are not BAD numbers by any stretch of the imagination.

But on the other hand.....

Sure, they were 4-6 against Florida (in that decade).....but two of those wins were against Ron Zook and even one of those they got handed the game by the officials (2004).

5-5 in bowl games

Record against FBS teams with 9 or more wins: 21-17 (they started 15-4, so we're talking more like a "HALF DECADE" of very good
Loss to Memphis in 1996 with NFL Hall of Famer Peyton Manning at quarterback

Hell, not even Nebraska, who won 3 national titles in four years, had a "decade of dominance", and I seem to recall Nebraska pancaking Tennessee a few times during this same time frame.

The Vols were "about as good as we could possibly expect" during this time frame.

They also benefited from the fact they had a crippled Alabama, a situation they may not have started but they were the primary reason we stayed down on the ground for so long.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Oh lord, Tennessee fans are now comparing themselves to Arkansas, Vandy, and Ole Miss to try to feel better.... But it doesn't help. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Vandy, Ole Miss and Arkansas all reek. Arky and Ole Miss will soon be coach shopping imo. I still think Pruitt gets another year to turn it around
Aim low...you'll eventually reach the bottom!
I seriously doubt we could beat any one of those teams you mentioned.
A)I'm not sure there would ever be a winner if UT and Arky faced off.
B)
We should have an "anti-playoffs" to see.

So sad, we used to be mentioned among the contenders.....now we are grouped with the bottom dwellers. And pretty sure any those teams mentioned would beat us.
Im beginning to believe the SEC should be like Premier league soccer. You suck you get relegated down a level or 2 to get your stuff together. Then fight to work your way back. So between Tennessee, Vandy, and Arkansas we would be sent to the Sun Belt and replaced with someone more qualified. And I cant bring myself to type it but one team from the Sun Belt would be an obvious selection. ��

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
If Tennessee actually thought "Mullen didn't win enough," they're obviously not aware of how insanely difficult that is to do in Stark-Vegas.

Mullen had SEC game head coaching experience; Pruitt did not. Now, I don't think it mattered because if you're Mullen and you have a choice between Florida and Tennessee, it's like a choice between dating Kate Upton or Ellen DeGeneres - the decision is already made for you.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
As I live in Orangeland, it is not uncommon on the eve of the football season to see numerous cars adorned with flags on them with the big (ugly) orange T on them. Now, we are nearly into October I haven't seen a one for quite a while. Also, I used to see a bunch of Tennessee vanity plates (mostly women's basketball) but they have even gone the way of the Dodo as Tennessee fans don't think the team are worth the extra $25.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Oh lord, Tennessee fans are now comparing themselves to Arkansas, Vandy, and Ole Miss to try to feel better.... But it doesn't help. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Texas Aggie fans are too, but as it relates to paying a coach $75m vs return on investment.
I have a few UT fans, they are not saying much lately, some have resorted to paper bags!

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
As I live in Orangeland, it is not uncommon on the eve of the football season to see numerous cars adorned with flags on them with the big (ugly) orange T on them. Now, we are nearly into October I haven't seen a one for quite a while. Also, I used to see a bunch of Tennessee vanity plates (mostly women's basketball) but they have even gone the way of the Dodo as Tennessee fans don't think the team are worth the extra $25.
Yep! A few years ago (can't remember exactly when), the season had just kicked off and it occurred to me that I hadn't seen a single team flag flying from a car anywhere. It was strange.

Then one day, I finally saw a team flag on a car here in Knox County. It proudly stated:

"Alabama Crimson Tide."

:cool:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Never thot it would get worse than Fulmer 08' and the WY debacle. So Fire him!
It Did!

Never thot it could get worse than boy wonder bolting after 1 yr only 2 wks from signing day. Good riddance!
It did!

Never thot it could get worse than Rommel in the Desert. So Fire him last year!
It did!

Never thought it could get worse than Champs of Life & 5 Star Hearts. So please get rid of this guy!
It did!

Never thot it could get worse than 1-11 and a beatdown by the Mighty Panthers. Fire this pretender now

After past losses I have always noticed a great deal of back and forth snark, disagreement and name calling on VN. It seems this season week by week it has gotten tamer and posters seem resigned to our current sucky status. I'm sure that alcohol fueled a lot of the venom in the past so my question for you is, has Battered Vol Syndrome sucked our energy for drinking during the game then posting on VN after the game right out of you guys and gals? Have we subsituted tranquilizers for alcohol or have we simply given up and become apathetic? What say you?
I tried not to be a NegaVol but even my untrained eyes can see that we are in a world of hurt. Seems there is blame to go around but it ultimately lands at the feet of one person.
Was hoping to see us return to national prominence before I die, but unless I live longer than I expect or some miracle happens soon it isn't going to happen.
GBO and I hope we get it fixed soon
Apathy has finally set in for most.

Save the few that predicted a win today because they live in a world where unicorns prance around pots of gold, nobody expected a win today. There were a few moments in the game that might have given hope, but then reality set back in.

We are cursed. And furthermore, the majority of fans just don't care any longer.

We are being talked about in the same way Nebraska is. "Hey, remember when Nebraska was wrecking fools?" Oh, sure, they've had a couple of years when they were competitive, but how the mighty have fallen.

Just like us. And we're still wandering in the wilderness.
Today was the first time I actively walked away from the FL game. After the end zone INT I gathered the kids up and headed to the playground. Came back and saw FL up 24-3 and turned it back off.

Life is too short to waste watching crappy football.

I love it

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
The history of the program is just that. History.

There isn’t a recruit alive that saw Tennessee play at a high level. Tennessee isn’t an attractive place to be. There isn’t a big name coach coming here. It’s dead, it’s over. That hope is gone.

The roster sucks, the fans suck (“fire everyone all the time, this is Tennessee”).

This is Tennessee, an SEC bottom dweller that cannot he resurrected in 2-3 years. It doesn’t matter who you hire. There is zero talent on that field and a complete absence of a winning culture.

Own it. Embrace the suck and realize that no big name coach is ever coming.
They are near rocky top bottom...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.