The Days of Their Vols (The 2019 Vol meltdown thread)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They screwed up the Schiano hire. You can bet that he would have them playing competitive football by now.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
They screwed up the Schiano hire. You can bet that he would have them playing competitive football by now.
The schiano issue is one of many that I think Vol fans absolutely deserve their current predicament. There was no need to drag him through that crap.

FWIW I agree Schiano would’ve had them competitive by now.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
He was their 5th choice! They weren't trying to hurt anyone, they were trying to maintain any amount of respect that they possibly could. Hiring someone from Bama after 4 whiffs (BADLY) was IMO the best they could do to accomplish that.
I still feel like it was a little bit of both. Yes, they screwed up their coaching search, but the idea that anyone coaching at Alabama can be a better option than their 6th guy is nonsense. Just being a coach at Alabama doesn't and shouldn't automatically make you a top ten candidate.

So, I see it more like... they whiffed and here's Alabama on a title run and they can do them some harm. It was a cherry on top of a bad situation.

southernoutlaw

Mar 26, 2018
Back in the mid 90's I owned a lot of property in eastern Tennessee. I was in a cabin I owned outside of Gatlinburg on the week of the Bama game in 96. A real estate company I was working with gave me a ticket to the game since I was going to be there over the weekend. I had just purchased my dream truck. A 1996 Ford f-350 so I about every option on it possible. Bama lost and the trip cost my insurance over $4000.00 to repaint the truck after a bunch of vol fans keyed it front to back. Everywhere. I have hated the state ever since.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Yeah, playing competitive football until gameday. Schiano: Worst situational awareness gameday coach - head coach - to come into the NFL, and second-worst behind Rev. Richt at the college level. Tony Soprano's best efforts at recruiting south Florida for Rut notwithstanding... And let's not forget Pruitt at least got a signature win in his first season and it was probably the most enjoyable outcome of a college game excluding 'Bama for many on here all year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah, playing competitive football until gameday. Schiano: Worst situational awareness gameday coach - head coach - to come into the NFL, and second-worst behind Rev. Richt at the college level. Tony Soprano's best efforts at recruiting south Florida for Rut notwithstanding... And let's not forget Pruitt at least got a signature win in his first season and it was probably the most enjoyable outcome of a college game excluding 'Bama for many on here all year.
Did your brain discard the enormous success that he had at Rutgers? I mean, it was Rutgers. He got Rutgers into the B1G - a team that has sucked for 100 years, and will suck for the next 100 years.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Did your brain discard the enormous success that he had at Rutgers? I mean, it was Rutgers. He got Rutgers into the B1G - a team that has sucked for 100 years, and will suck for the next 100 years.
It’s funny how people forget that next to VT and WVU that Rutgers use to be the team everyone wanted to watch on Thursday night football. A team that has sucked most of its existence.

Sure you have some Rutgers coaches with better records than Schiano, but no coach took them to the level of relevance

Sure Kyle Flood won the only conference championship in their history, but with whose players and where is WVU all of the sudden?

Point is the man is a better than average head coach and would’ve had Tennessee in a better place right now.

Last edited:

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
From VolNation: "[FONT=&quot]USA Today poll has us ranked at 104 out of 130. Let that sink in for a moment."

[/FONT]
:biggrin:

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
It’s funny how people forget that next to VT and WVU that Rutgers use to be the team everyone wanted to watch on Thursday night football. A team that has sucked most of its existence.

Sure you have some Rutgers coaches with better records than Schiano, but no coach took them to the level of relevance

Sure Kyle Flood won the only conference championship in their history, but with whose players and where is WVU all of the sudden?

Point is the man is a better than average head coach and would’ve had Tennessee in a better place right now.
Debatable.

B1G, did your eye-hand coordination dismiss my reference to Rut recruiter par excellence Tony Soprano as "taking them to the level of relevance?"

Rut was beating UcheaT way back in what, '79, when Frank Burns was coach, which would constitute anothre level of relevance you might want to refer back to, as would, oh, Rut alumnus Paul Robeson's appearance on (and sudden disappearance from) the Walter Camp All-American team in 1918.

And if "everyone" wanted to watch Rut on Thursday night football once upon a time, what were the alternatives, cable test-pattern shakedowns, or closed circuit footage of Jimmy Hoffa's presumed burial grounds in the Meadowlands? Personally I couldn't wait to watch how Schiano would bungle another game only to sell himself as a successful college D1 coach who could do the same at the NFL level. Exhibit A: Tampa Bay (there is no Exhibit B...yet).

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Debatable.

B1G, did your eye-hand coordination dismiss my reference to Rut recruiter par excellence Tony Soprano as "taking them to the level of relevance?"

Rut was beating UcheaT way back in what, '79, when Frank Burns was coach, which would constitute a level of relevance you might want to refer back to. And if "everyone" wanted to watch Rut on Thursday night football once upon a time, what were the alternatives, cable test-pattern shakedowns or closed circuit footage of Jimmy Hoffa's presumed burial grounds in the Meadowlands? Personally I couldn't wait to watch how Schiano would bungle another game only to sell himself as a successful college D1 coach who could do the same at the NFL level. Exhibit A: Tampa Bay (there is no Exhibit B...yet).
LOL - you need to tell us how you really feel about the man.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
just cruised by the continued meltdown on volnation, someone over there posted the bye week was a 15 point favorite over soon to be thirteenrsee........bwahahahahahahahahahahaha
Imagine the after-game press conference.....

Knoxville News-Sentinal: "Coach, nobody expected this but your guys came into Neyland and are leaving with a victory. It's like the Vols didn't even show up."

Coach Nullen Void of Open Date: "____ _____ ________! _ ____ __ _____ ______ ____. ______!!"

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
As a Rutgers Alumnus, I Take exception to this. Rutgers played in the very first collegiate football game back in the 1860s. They have sucked for 150 year,s not just 100. Don't shortchange us...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Debatable.

Rut was beating UcheaT way back in what, '79, when Frank Burns was coach, which would constitute anothre level of relevance you might want to refer back to, as would, oh, Rut alumnus Paul Robeson's appearance on (and sudden disappearance from) the Walter Camp All-American team in 1918.

And if "everyone" wanted to watch Rut on Thursday night football once upon a time, what were the alternatives, cable test-pattern shakedowns, or closed circuit footage of Jimmy Hoffa's presumed burial grounds in the Meadowlands? Personally I couldn't wait to watch how Schiano would bungle another game only to sell himself as a successful college D1 coach who could do the same at the NFL level. Exhibit A: Tampa Bay (there is no Exhibit B...yet).
You do realize Spurrier failed miserably at the NFL level...

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
It's 5:00 somewhere...
Debatable.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I heard this last night and checked it, Pruitt now has more 25+ point losses (7) in 16 games than Fulmer had (6) in 16 seasons. Fulmer will put a stop to this clown show if it continues.

Butch had 9 defeats of 25+ points in 5 seasons. Pruitt will likely be tied with Butch by Halloween.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/ [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://twitter.com/LoganMBooker/status/1176494206262677504?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1176494206262677504&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fugawire.usatoday.com%2F2019%2F09%2F25%2Fhow-dawgs-checker-neyland-red-and-black-for-uga-football-vs-tennessee%2F [/FONT]

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee linebackers Will Ignont and Shanon Reid and wide receiver Jacquez Jones have left the team.

Volunteers coach Jeremy Pruitt confirmed the exits of all three players Wednesday, one day after multiple reports indicated Reid and Jones had entered the transfer portal.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27699171/three-more-players-leave-reeling-tennessee

After I stop laughing at UT, I might have to put some serious thought into the unintended consequences of this transfer portal thing, but thats gonna be quite awhile :D

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I read the surname of the first player as Ignorant and felt it was fitting for the program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.