The Days of Their Vols (The 2019 Vol meltdown thread)
Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

The Days of Their Vols (The 2019 Vol meltdown thread)

oh this has been so glorious. This is the season that just keeps on giving, and I would like to thank Jeremy Pruitt for this top notch Tennessee season. There are just too many great posts, memes, and meltdown articles to keep up with. So this is to keep up with them, so us Vol haters can reflect on this epic year

Here are a few winners of the meltdown so far:

I'm waiting on that thread where the poster tells us the sun will come up tomorrow. Come on sunshine pumpers do your job.

What will the spreads be the rest of the year assuming no injuries

Here my guesses

Georgia -28.5
    Miss St -10
    At Bama -40
    USC - 2
    UAB +3
    At Kentucky -6
    At Missouri -15
    Vandy pk.

Butch jones told us to be patient and give him another chance. Now Pruitt makes him look like a god.

We've gone from a Decade of Dominance to a Decade of Dereliction.
    I met my wife in 2007 and she didn’t pay any attention to football prior to that. Now, she just thinks she married someone with an annual drinking problem that likes crappy football.
    Guy A:
    What if in like 20 years we find out Saban paid pruitt or promised a job after if he would just go and sink the vols for good. Would that tarnish Sabans legacy or make him more of a Legend?

GUY B:
    Dumb. Saban owns us and doesn’t need to sabotage. We have never really been competitive against him in the past 5 years.

Guy C:
    I would not put it past anything Alabama just because of their well documented corruptness........but................Fulmer is responsible for hiring a person who wasn't qualified for the job......Could Fulmer be in on the conspiracy? Maybe.....why? It protects his record against Bama
    Last edited by 81usaf92; September 22nd, 2019 at 07:38 AM.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

Re: The Days of Their Vols (The 2019 Vol meltdown thread)

Thanks for finding these gems. I love reading all of the craziness in their minds. I wish their stadium would look like a Middle Tennessee State game the next time they play.

These are soooooo yummy!

Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Decade of Dominance???

When was this?

From 1995-2004??

They won 5 divisional titles (not too bad except you have to remember how godawful the East was back then)
    2 SEC titles (a reminder they still lost to Spurrier the first year they won the SEC)
    1 national championship (and yes, they deserved it and were the best team in the country that year)

101-25 overall
    65-16 in the SEC

Make no mistake, those are not BAD numbers by any stretch of the imagination.

But on the other hand.....

Sure, they were 4-6 against Florida (in that decade).....but two of those wins were against Ron Zook and even one of those they got handed the game by the officials (2004).

5-5 in bowl games

Record against FBS teams with 9 or more wins: 21-17 (they started 15-4, so we're talking more like a "HALF DECADE" of very good
    Loss to Memphis in 1996 with NFL Hall of Famer Peyton Manning at quarterback

Hell, not even Nebraska, who won 3 national titles in four years, had a "decade of dominance", and I seem to recall Nebraska pancaking Tennessee a few times during this same time frame.

The Vols were "about as good as we could possibly expect" during this time frame.

They also benefited from the fact they had a crippled Alabama, a situation they may not have started but they were the primary reason we stayed down on the ground for so long.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Oh lord, Tennessee fans are now comparing themselves to Arkansas, Vandy, and Ole Miss to try to feel better.... But it doesn't help. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Vandy, Ole Miss and Arkansas all reek. Arky and Ole Miss will soon be coach shopping imo. I still think Pruitt gets another year to turn it around
    Aim low...you'll eventually reach the bottom!
    I seriously doubt we could beat any one of those teams you mentioned.
    A)I'm not sure there would ever be a winner if UT and Arky faced off.
    B)
    We should have an "anti-playoffs" to see.

So sad, we used to be mentioned among the contenders.....now we are grouped with the bottom dwellers. And pretty sure any those teams mentioned would beat us.
    Im beginning to believe the SEC should be like Premier league soccer. You suck you get relegated down a level or 2 to get your stuff together. Then fight to work your way back. So between Tennessee, Vandy, and Arkansas we would be sent to the Sun Belt and replaced with someone more qualified. And I cant bring myself to type it but one team from the Sun Belt would be an obvious selection. ��
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

When you aren’t even the best team in Tennessee, that’s pretty bad
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

"My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    If Tennessee actually thought "Mullen didn't win enough," they're obviously not aware of how insanely difficult that is to do in Stark-Vegas.

Mullen had SEC game head coaching experience; Pruitt did not. Now, I don't think it mattered because if you're Mullen and you have a choice between Florida and Tennessee, it's like a choice between dating Kate Upton or Ellen DeGeneres - the decision is already made for you.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation First Team Titans&Tide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    OUCH. Thamel didn't pull any punches there, did he? Of course, he's 100% accurate with everything he wrote, but wow.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

The best part...................

When big-money boosters are puppeteering athletic departments, it usually ends up working out much like, well, the Haslam family running an NFL team.
    As I say, we tried to remove the tusks. But they were embedded so firmly we couldn't budge them. Of course, in Alabama the Tuscaloosa, but that is entirely ir-elephant to what I was talking about.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar

Hmmm. Melty goodness.

Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

BamaNation Hall of Fame CHATTBRIT's Avatar

As I live in Orangeland, it is not uncommon on the eve of the football season to see numerous cars adorned with flags on them with the big (ugly) orange T on them. Now, we are nearly into October I haven't seen a one for quite a while. Also, I used to see a bunch of Tennessee vanity plates (mostly women's basketball) but they have even gone the way of the Dodo as Tennessee fans don't think the team are worth the extra $25.
    Manchester City 2017-2018 English Premier League Champions & Carabou Cup Winners
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

Southern Adirondack mountains of upstate NY

now for my weekly thought of soon to be thirteenrsee............bwahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahaha...........roll tide