Notre Dame fake injuries

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
One of them reminded me of the video from years ago, two AU players standing in the EZ, with their backs to the camera. One turns to the other, points and says something, whereupon the player pointed at collapses to the ground... :D

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
This is a classic example of why so many people hate Notre Dame. They pretend to be a religious school, have an image of Jesus in their stadium, and have a coach who always complains about other teams cheating yet they instruct their players to fake injuries to try and slow the opponents momentum. The hypocrisy of Notre Dame is amazing.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
One of them reminded me of the video from years ago, two AU players standing in the EZ, with their backs to the camera. One turns to the other, points and says something, whereupon the player pointed at collapses to the ground... :D
Yep, it was their 2013 game against Arky.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
As ridiculous as that was I still think they out coached the Dawgs bigtime. The domers impressed me last night and earned some respect from this observer.

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
You are right but out coaching Kirby (not)Smart is a low bar. Kelly "out coached" a coach who didn't go for it on 4th and 1/2 yard and instead went for a 43 yard field goal to extend their lead from 10 to 13--i.e. still under two scores. Even the dumber then wood Gary Danielson knew that was wrong.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
You are right but out coaching Kirby (not)Smart is a low bar. Kelly "out coached" a coach who didn't go for it on 4th and 1/2 yard and instead went for a 43 yard field goal to extend their lead from 10 to 13--i.e. still under two scores. Even the dumber then wood Gary Danielson knew that was wrong.
You assume they would have made the 4th down. If they had not, ND on the final drive would have been playing for a tying field goal instead of needed a TD.

Also, I agree Kirby isn’t the best game day coach. Had they lost that game, instead of Clemsoning (which has been retired), the new term would be Kirbying.

irvingtontide

3rd Team
Sep 5, 2019
A fg was a good call there and Gary arguing against it doesn't help your point. if they didn't kick that field goal and it plays to the same way with ND down 3 with the same time left. they play for a fg to tie and go to OT. being up 13 for sure instead of going for it and not making it and being up 10 is a difference. the difference in making the other team have to score 2 tds to beat you instead of one and a fg to tie is a big difference.

EnterBama

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2018
I think there was a similar case involving an LSU player against us.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I think there was a similar case involving an LSU player against us.
Notre Dame needs acting lessons from LSU about faking injuries. Seems LSU players just know when to go down instinctively and usually don't need to be told by their teammates on the field when to do it.

Last edited:

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
This is a classic example of why so many people hate Notre Dame. They pretend to be a religious school, have an image of Jesus in their stadium, and have a coach who always complains about other teams cheating yet they instruct their players to fake injuries to try and slow the opponents momentum. The hypocrisy of Notre Dame is amazing.
Just sounds like typical Catholicism to me! [emoji3]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.