Question: Who is your top 6 after Week 4?

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Things seem to be improving. Worried about injuries though.

1. Clemson.
2. Georgia.
3. Oklahoma.
4. Alabama
5. Ohio State
6. LSU

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that we need to bump it to eight for now, to include Wisconsin and Auburn.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I think that we need to bump it to eight for now, to include Wisconsin and Auburn.
That will solve itself soon with Auburn and LSU. Still not convinced on how tough Michigan is right now for Wisconsin.

EnterBama

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2018
I'm not sold on any of the top 5, 6 or 10 for that matter. They all, including Alabama and Clemson, have stark weaknesses that could be exploited by a decent team on a good day.

Clemson of course won't have the problem of meeting a decent team until the playoffs so who knows how good they are.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I am less impressed with UGA after the ND game, even though it was a win. If that game was in South Bend, we may have had a different result. There were 5-6 false start penalties mostly due to crowd noise.

1Clemson- meh, they have no obstacles
2 Bama-improving, growing up. Injuries are mounting and defense has correctable issues.
3LSU- still not convinced with offense, and defense is experiencing offensive explosiveness.
4 Oklahoma- impressive, would like to see against better competition
5 Wisconsin- have looked impressive from the first game
6 Georgia - to me, not impressed with win Vs Vandy, looked vulnerable vs ND. Kirby still Kirby.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I have to say that I think working with GMac on the First Team in the mornings has given Danny some "taste".DK.png

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have to say that I think working with GMac on the First Team in the mornings has given Danny some "taste".
Texas has one loss and another near loss and Oregon looks terrible, so his list is still stupid.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
1. Clemson
2. Ohio State
3. Alabama
4. Oklahoma
5. Georgia
6. LSU

Then Wisconsin is a great dark horse. Jonathan Taylor is probably the best RB in the country.

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
1. Georgia
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma
5. Bama
6. Auburn

2-5 are interchangeable at this point to me since none of those four have played anyone yet.

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I see no clear team that is head and shoulders above the rest. I don't think Georgia is as good as I thought they were, Clempson still has played no one as TAMU really is bad this year, Auburn is a decent team thanks to their D, OU, again, untested just like us and LSU is a wildcard. Whisky looked really good at home and I think Ohio State (who also has not yet been tested) is a very good team. There really is no one that stands out to me though.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
So.....apparently in Danny Kanell's world NOW, Texas A/M is the second coming of the 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers/2001 Miami Hurricanes combined.

Because Clemson still hasn't played anybody, and Auburn beat them on the road (and the game wasn't as close as the score indicated).

1) Clemson
2) Alabama
3) Oklahoma
4) Ohio St
5) Auburn
6) Wisconsin

It's almost like Kanell's thought process is as predictable as his insane stupidity.

"Well, I have to justify Clemson on top so that means ATM is the 27 Yankees of CFB. That means that I have to give that damned SEC team, Auburn, some credit, but the end justifies the means here, Go Noles!"

As I've said (despite it's unpopular sentiment here, deliveryman notwithstanding) - Auburn is a GOOD team, they are not a 'great' team by any means. But given their defense at this point, I think they beat LSU. Funny Maine said what I was thinking yesterday - you don't focus on the 66 points you scored on Vandy but rather on the 38 you gave up to a team that got six on UGA. Spare me the "oh the second string" nonsense, Vandy had 200 yards of offense in the first half and scored nearly half of their points.

Furthermore, this totally awesome LSU offense gave up a fumble TD inside their own five in the final minute of the first half.

As long as Auburn is in the hunt nationally, they will be a completely different team than if they have 2-3 losses.

And the closer they get, the weirder things get at the end of the year.

They're not awesome, but they weren't awesome in 2013, either, but they got late into the year below the radar and them boom (twice).

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I think Clemson remains number 1 until they get beat. If you want to be the best, you've got to beat the best. They are the defending champs, so they remain number one.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.