Check the recruiting board! (hint inside)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
It is still a long time until signing day, so keep your expectations in check. Why would he come to Alabama behind two 4 star freshmen?
Every kid that signs with Alabama is immediately behind several 4* and 5* players. Great players don't mind competing and I am glad we have a bunch of them on our team.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Every kid that signs with Alabama is immediately behind several 4* and 5* players. Great players don't mind competing and I am glad we have a bunch of them on our team.
I completely agree with this. The reality is after they get here they suddenly realize the guy they are competing against is as good or better than they are. I am not saying they will not honor their commitment or that they will transfer immediately, but as you say they don't mind competing, but at some point they realize they can sit for another two years or go to Utah or Cal and start, especially after having a year or two tutelage under CNS.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
From that video, he has great touch on his passes, can throw into very tight windows, throws his receivers open and can throw on the run. What I didn't see one time was him going through his progressions from the pocket. He might have done so at some point, but it was not apparent on that film.
I noticed as well. He will need coaching, but has raw ability. Staring down receivers will not work at the next level.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I completely agree with this. The reality is after they get here they suddenly realize the guy they are competing against is as good or better than they are. I am not saying they will not honor their commitment or that they will transfer immediately, but as you say they don't mind competing, but at some point they realize they can sit for another two years or go to Utah or Cal and start, especially after having a year or two tutelage under CNS.
I completely agree that after they get here you don't know what is going to happen but your comment was that we would should keep our expectations in check that he would sign with us and "why would he come to Alabama behind two 4* freshmen QB". We know from our last 11 recruiting classes that in almost every case that is not the thought process of these guys.

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA
Watched him play on tv tonight and he is very accurate. I am excited to think of the future knowing he is coming to Bama considering who we already have. It is great to have competition and it should be fierce this spring.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.