LSU hit by injury bug

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I've noticed that since Orgeron discovered he has an offence he keeps his foot to the floor no matter how big the gap. This is more of his inexperience showing. Sure it does get the media on your side thinking wow, 60 points. That includes the Heisman voters who apparently are on average, a full 25 points below the bottom end of the bell curve, but if your goal is to win a national championship you should be supremely concerned with game rep counts on your best players.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
I've noticed that since Orgeron discovered he has an offence he keeps his foot to the floor no matter how big the gap. This is more of his inexperience showing. Sure it does get the media on your side thinking wow, 60 points. That includes the Heisman voters who apparently are on average, a full 25 points below the bottom end of the bell curve, but if your goal is to win a national championship you should be supremely concerned with game rep counts on your best players.
Oklahoma has had 4 heisman winners over the span of 15 years with only one National Title to show for it. That's pretty much all you need to know about Heisman voters. They chase shiny objects until they get board with them.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I seem to remember when Bill Curry was coach we rarely ever hit in practice. Not sure how that worked out. He didn't recruit like coaches that came after him. We had maybe 11 players on each side that were SEC caliber players.

I do remember when just the loss of Siran Stacy was a devastating blow...i think that was the curry years?
Siran Stacey actually went down early in the 1990 season, during a horrible stretch that Alabama opened up 0-3 losing to Florida, Georiga, and Southern Miss. Prince Wimbley and Craig Sanders also went down during that stretch. But that was Gene Stallings's first season.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
The good thing is we have 2 bye weeks this year whereas we traditionally only have 1 bye week. Should be more healing time for the bumps and bruises..

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Oklahoma has had 4 heisman winners over the span of 15 years with only one National Title to show for it. That's pretty much all you need to know about Heisman voters. They chase shiny objects until they get board with them.
Like a Cat chasing a Laser Dot.
Heisman voters can't resist the glamour guys who play 60 minutes, and never let up.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Well, the coaches are getting hit by something else...

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1176995428463607809

Well after all, Connor's grandpa and father were both pretty good players for Bama and he was a pretty tough dude when he played for Les Miles, guess he just thought that hitting a guy with a chair was kind of a gentle attention getter. Sounds like LSU is working on bringing in some toughness they've been missing....

ARollTideDad

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2018
It's one of those universal Fanatics truths:

Every fan base thinks their Strength & Conditioning coach is unique and the best in the business.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's one of those universal Fanatics truths:

Every fan base thinks their Strength & Conditioning coach is unique and the best in the business.
Well, I can prefer Cochran's product. It's a silly statement. It would be like saying Belichick taught Saban everything he knows...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.