What do you think will happen with Pruitt?

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
Clemson operates in essentially a vacuum when it comes to premier football - and there are 1.5x as many blue-chip recruits annually in NC and SC combined as there in TN (and virtually all of those in TN are closer to OM, Arkansas, Alabama, even UGA...)

I live up here and trust me - UTK only does well when there's disarray in surrounding programs. Right now UGA, Clemson, and Bama are all hitting on all cylinders and leaving few scraps behind for tennessee. They can (and will) be better than they are now, but they won't be an elite program unless / until one or more of the programs above take a couple of steps back...
Wow. Do you live in or near Knoxville? If so, I had no idea.

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
How many more failed HC replacements will it take before Fat Phil is terminated from being the UT AD?
When Phat Phil goes to the great donut in the sky or there is no pee wee coaches left to poach from the local elementary schools ! Karma has many debts to repay and she also a capitalist and demands a profit for her labors :)

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Best post in the thread, in my opinion.

Anybody that would consider working under that scumbag Fulmer is a fool. He knew what a backstabbing snake Fulmer is, and what a complete mess Fulmer's made of that once proud program when he took the job.

Pruett taking that job reminded me of Brother Oliver going to coach at auburn. :eek:
While I understand where you're coming from, it would be tough for anyone to turn down the opportunity to be head coach at a major university with a historically successful football program, and like it or not, Tennessee is that. I tend to look at it more as Pruitt chose to take the gamble, and right now at least, it looks like he might lose. That doesn't diminish his abilities as a DC, just indicates he isn't really ready as a head coach in such a program. After all, he had to be aware of the potential problems and must have felt he could handle them. Personally, while I'd welcome him back in any capacity except as head coach, I believe he'd be better served finding a position at another school if he wants to further his career.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
If you put Lincoln Riley there (not suggesting he'd go) - he could recruit QB and WR talent -- then others would follow.....

It's not like they are far away from the recruiting hotbeds......of Atlanta, Memphis, Birmingham......and not that far from Louisville, Indy, etc... I do think the right coach can recruit there

And Clemson hasn't been elite until the last 6-8 years....
Doesn't matter if you like Dabo, or not... but he can coach, and he can recruit.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.