What do you think will happen with Pruitt?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Although I think he makes it to the end of the season; I would not be at all surprised if Fulmer doesn't fire him before the season ends. Not sure if he returns to Alabama since his presence (even as an Analyst) would create an awkward situation with Golding being DC. If he does, then Saban will have a tough job making sure the two can co-exist. His strengths as a DC and ace recruiter will not go unnoticed by a lot of programs.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I believe they are going to give him the end of this season. They MUST win a conference game, or next season is very much in doubt. He's not getting canned halfway through the year. Next season, assuming he survives, and wins one conference game in 2019, he will be subject to dismissal at any moment the wheels appear to have come off. They aren't "off" at the moment, as hard as that is to believe. I think they can beat Vanderbilt or Kentucky, but not both, and they will likely lose to UAB. That's been a bad sign for coaches in the SEC, but Orgeron survived it.
Vandy is probably the best 0-3 team in the nation and most likely makes a bowl game.

Tennessee’s only hope to win a conference game is probably MSU.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I think Pruitt is out about midseason. After our game is possible.

Later that afternoon, he'll be in Tuscaloosa as an analyst. After the season, he'll be in the coordinator spot. Will be interesting to see what Golding does. A smart man would swallow his pride, stay, learn, and take a prime DC job in a year or two. A proud man would get ticked and leave immediately. We'll see.

Predictions:
- Fulmer will appoint himself interim coach.
- He will be unable to find anybody who wants into that dumpster fire, and will appoint himself head coach for 2020.

Dark horse: Peyton Manning for interim coach. If he's successful (he won't be), he gets the "interim" removed.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I check in on volfans from time to time to see what's going on there in light of the vast wasteland UT football has become. As you'd expect, the names for replacement of CJP is scattered all over the map. They are bandying around every winning or marginally winning coach out there. Thay WANT Myer, Stoops, Miles, Riecht, and believe it or not, CLK (??!!). Fulmer inserting himself as HC (a la Alverez at Wisky) is possible. Lots of folks there support this scenario. They' re desperate, remember. Likely Pruitt will be given until after next season when his buyout shrinks a bit to produce some progress. But who knows. Personally I want Fulmer to stay as AD to sustain their misery longer. What will happen? Who knows. That team and fanbase is scorched earth right now. :p_green:
I want Fulmer to stay there more than long enough for these apparently blind Vol fans to realize who really took them down the tubes. They may want Myer, Stoops, Kiffin etc, but would any one of those coaches take that job if Fulmer is still involved as AD or some other position.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Personally I think that Fulmer will let Pruitt coach through the Bama game and then dismiss him. I think that will be the perfect situation as far as kickback from anyone who would still want Pruitt as coach. Do you agree?

rtr
Agreed!

Phatimus doesn't want to take that loss as an Interim coach... :cool:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I want him back, like yesterday. I’m not sold on Golding.
To be fair, I don't think Pruitt would be doing any better because of the injuries... :cool2:

I think CNS sees something in him that is special based on other posts regarding his initial interview with Coach Saban.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I check in on volfans from time to time to see what's going on there in light of the vast wasteland UT football has become. As you'd expect, the names for replacement of CJP is scattered all over the map. They are bandying around every winning or marginally winning coach out there. Thay WANT Myer, Stoops, Miles, Riecht, and believe it or not, CLK (??!!). Fulmer inserting himself as HC (a la Alverez at Wisky) is possible. Lots of folks there support this scenario. They' re desperate, remember. Likely Pruitt will be given until after next season when his buyout shrinks a bit to produce some progress. But who knows. Personally I want Fulmer to stay as AD to sustain their misery longer. What will happen? Who knows. That team and fanbase is scorched earth right now. :p_green:
I really hope that Jabba takes over. It is a vastly different landscape in the SEC with his buddy Kramer sitting in the SEC office... :cool2:

As a bonus, it would be great to hang a bunch of "L"s on his resume before they finally take his Kripsy Kreme allowance away... :biggrin:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I believe they are going to give him the end of this season. They MUST win a conference game, or next season is very much in doubt. He's not getting canned halfway through the year. Next season, assuming he survives, and wins one conference game in 2019, he will be subject to dismissal at any moment the wheels appear to have come off. They aren't "off" at the moment, as hard as that is to believe. I think they can beat Vanderbilt or Kentucky, but not both, and they will likely lose to UAB. That's been a bad sign for coaches in the SEC, but Orgeron survived it.
I think you are right. At this point, I have finally surmised that Phatimus hired Pruitt to hurt us...and will hang onto him until the CFP is over to further that Agenda.

The dude is obsessed with hurting UA...no matter what and it is at ut's expense... :cool2:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Although I think he makes it to the end of the season; I would not be at all surprised if Fulmer doesn't fire him before the season ends. Not sure if he returns to Alabama since his presence (even as an Analyst) would create an awkward situation with Golding being DC. If he does, then Saban will have a tough job making sure the two can co-exist. His strengths as a DC and ace recruiter will not go unnoticed by a lot of programs.
Based on history, I really don't think an Analyst threatens any current Co-Ordinator under CNS... :cool2:

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Would love for him to come back and coach the ILB's or DB's. I know that would mean either Golding coaches somewhere else next year or he coaches a different positional group. As great of a recruiter that Karl Scott has been, hard to tell what his on-field coaching has done with both Saban and Charles Kelly back there. Pruitt will feel in nicely while getting paid that hard earned volunteer cash!

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
JP's prospects are much higher than UT's, no matter what happens. He will either be an analyst or coordinator for NS or someone else. Or he will count his money and enjoy life for a bit.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Would love for him to come back and coach the ILB's or DB's. I know that would mean either Golding coaches somewhere else next year or he coaches a different positional group. As great of a recruiter that Karl Scott has been, hard to tell what his on-field coaching has done with both Saban and Charles Kelly back there. Pruitt will feel in nicely while getting paid that hard earned volunteer cash!
None of us know for sure what CNS will do in regards to Pruitt returning to Alabama, but think that if Pruitt does return as an Analyst, look for Golding to leave at the end of this season. Is this fair, no, it is business.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
People forget he left a year ahead of the plan, tossing Tosh into a minefield he wasn’t totally prepared for and causing the issues we saw on defense last year. That might have left a sour taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
People forget he left a year ahead of the plan, tossing Tosh into a minefield he wasn’t totally prepared for and causing the issues we saw on defense last year. That might have left a sour taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True, but Saban would likely forget that given the defensive issues that you continue to see this year. Saban hates losing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.