Buying a new gun - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation All-American bama_wayne1's Avatar

Re: Buying a new gun

I like my custom Kimber.

Out of the blue one of my good buddies texted me today telling me I had to get hold of a new Sig P365. Now I need to try one.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame TexasBama's Avatar

The only pistol I have left is a 92FS. I like the longer barrel, ambi safety, and reversible mag release (I'm left handed).

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Out of the blue one of my good buddies texted me today telling me I had to get hold of a new Sig P365. Now I need to try one.
    Sig Sauer P365 was the Guns and Ammo handgun of the year for 2018.

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editoria...he-year/330020

SIG Sauer P365 defies logic. It generally shares the dimensional profile of the smallest 9mm pistols that use either a six-. or seven-.round, single-.stack magazine. The P365 has a width of only 1 inch. With the 10-.round, flush-.fit or extended magazine inserted, the P365’s 4.3-.inch height is comparable to other micro pistols, and the optional 12-.round magazine only adds a half inch!The trigger is fantastic and consistent from the first shot to the last. The easy-.to-.see SIG X-.Ray3 night sights are among the best on any defensive pistol. The grip feels amazing — even for those with large hands. Racking the slide is easy for almost anyone. It points well. It’s accurate. It’s reliable. Plus, the P365 is already supported by an expansive aftermarket scene. G&A has never evaluated a pistol that’s been as universally enjoyed by any experience-.level shooter as this.

I’m going to see if they have one at the Range in Jackson I can rent. A friend and I are going next Monday night. At $600 retail it looks like a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post
    Sig Sauer P365 was the Guns and Ammo handgun of the year for 2018.
    I'm a Sig fan. My favorite carry gun is the little P238 - it's small but it's a brilliant little pistol.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation First Team

Anyone shoot the springfield XD line? How do they compare with the S&W and Glocks?

I was able to rent the Sig P365 at the Range tonight. Great trigger, excellent accuracy (for me, average shooter at best), no malfunctions, and just a really nice looking CCW. I fired 4 magazines. That magazine is a bear to load.

My issue with the gun is the small handle. I have large hands so my pinky dangles. They also had a P365 XL which I did not fire but I did examine the gun. It's a never been fired gun that's on consignment. The XL handle feels perfect in my hand. If it hasn't already sold, another guy was interested, I'll probably go back later this week and take the XL.

I should have added that my friend brought a Kahr CW9, a Sig P938, a couple of compact Glocks, and two other guns I didn't care for. One had the longest trigger pull of any gun I've ever fired.

My friend carries the Sig P938. I didn't feel like I shot better with the P365 than I did with the Kahr or the P938. All were nice but unfamiliar to me. For me the advantage of the P365 XL is the larger handle and the availability of a 15 round mag. Not that I'll probably ever need the extra rounds, but it's cool and doesn't hurt to have just in case you do need it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

I used to own a bunch of guns. But after becoming president, Barack Obama came to my house and took them all away.
    Last edited by Crimson1967; October 8th, 2019 at 11:58 AM.