Politics: The Trump Impeachment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It's amazing how many Trumpbots don't grasp the fact that even if the whistle blower is lying about everything, Trump already admitted it and so did Giuliani.

And given Trump's history, I'll take the whistle blower sight unseen in a truth contest between the two.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Not sure if this is the right thread, but calling for a civil war should show the Republicans they are supporting a deranged sociopath who would welcome bloodshed in his defense. This country has sunk to a new low and may not recover for many years.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...il-war-over-impeachment/ar-AAI3Ecp?li=BBnbcA1
His "soldiers" are polishing up their guns and waiting for the signal to open fire.

After Trump is impeached, I would think the GOP Senators that voted against him might have a brighter political future than those that stuck with him. The base will be upset if he's impeached, but remember how quickly they became embarrassed over W after he left office. They would be furious at first, but they can be easily distracted by a more useful red herring at that point, and Fox News knows how to manipulate them very effectively.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
It feels like the dam is breaking. Goulhliani is subpoenaed. Pompeo was on the phone while Trump was shaking down Ukraine.

The news is breaking faster then I can keep up with.

But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.
(I love going Biblical on this gang of self-professed evangelicals.)

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Indeed, you missed Trump asking Australia to help him discredit Mueller's investigation, apparently at AG Barr's request (paywalled NYT link).
And I've seen Trump was also leaning on China for dirt on Biden as part of his package he was trying to negotiate with them.
Edit:
I was hoping when we got to this point, one of the Generals would hide the suitcase that controls the nuclear bombs, but unfortunately they've all been fired.

With him leaning on every country he's dealing with, if he doesn't get his way I'm hoping he can't blow up the world out of spite. As it stands now, I don't think a civil war here would satisfy him, he might need to start the biggest and worst war the world has ever seen.

Last edited:

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Yeah, that's pretty much what I mean.

Imagine this:
Ds and Rs meet behind closed doors and agree to this secret vote. It happens and Trump gets removed.

Within five seconds of the announcement, the press starts leaking out rumors about which Republicans voted against Trump - all leaks given by Democratic Senators, of course.
Report after report comes up, the press (under no obligation to keep any secrets) starts asking every single Senator how he or she voted.

Meanwhile, the Ds decide, "Now we're really gonna screw them with their own voters" and leaks the list of who voted to remove - knowing there are no ramifications for them, so why would they care?
Or, given that Mitch would be running the show:

Ds and Rs meet behind closed doors and agree to this secret vote. It happens and Trump is acquitted. All the GOP senators claim to have voted for removal, they have no idea who voted to acquit.

Then Mitch convinces Trump to resign, and takes all the glory for himself.

Last edited:

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Decided to watch fox news for the first time in a while to see how they are spinning this. In the few minutes that I watched it they were defending this by saying that giving Ukraine javelin is not in America's best interest. I thought it was an interesting tactic because up until recently the GOP have been advocates of using every country in the world that they can as proxies to fight Russia. Now they are saying Russia is not that bad and we should not help these countries stop Russian aggression.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
If Russia is not that bad then I am sure Putin will not object to removing his military forces from the Crimea and the Ukraine if he is asked politely. With the exception of two or three professionals where does Fox News find these yahoos?

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
At first I thought this civil war stuff was just more silly talk. However, I posted about several people I've known for years and used to respect, that fully expect the civil war to break out and they are so excited and looking forward to it.

They went on to explain once the civil war has been won, we can also expect public hangings in the town square to start up again.

Seriously. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
At first I thought this civil war stuff was just more silly talk. However, I posted about several people I've known for years and used to respect, that fully expect the civil war to break out and they are so excited and looking forward to it.

They went on to explain once the civil war has been won, we can also expect public hangings in the town square to start up again.

onward christian soldiers

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Only a fool gets excited about war, assuming he has anything at stake to lose.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005

I feel like I've watched this show before.

Oh, right.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Silly talk, all of it - those who claim to want it will be the first to crap their pants and cower when violence comes to their home.

Zero chance of civil war in the US relating to Trump. Zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.