Politics: The Trump Impeachment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
How about mandatory forfeiture of assets involved in violations of the emoluments restrictions?

Jeff Sessions was advancing a stepped up asset forfeiture program for lawbreakers while he was AG. What's sauce for the goose...
The real resolution is for the next president and legislature to get together and establish actual rules for how a president must behave. Trump has gotten away with so much because "Hey he's not breaking any laws! It doesn't matter that all the other presidents have done it."

It could be really easy. Instead of relying upon incoming individuals to willingly implement a blind trust, mandate that such a thing happen. Instead of relying on someone to willingly post their tax returns, make it required. Instead of pearl clutching at overt statements over the latest social media network, make it illegal, with clear ramifications. For so long we have had a hero mentality when it came to the individuals elected president. We are now finding out what happens when a zero is elected.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
If you wondered how he was going to respond, look at his last tweets, where he proclaims it a COUP against the American people. Never mind that the Constitution provides for it. He is a piece of work...
Yes, the other great unknown is whether or not he’s going to tweet out something that will make even the Republicans cringe. He has such a high opinion of himself that his Twitter remarks are a stream of consciousness. The irony is the longer this drags out, the more likely it becomes that Trump will tighten his own noose.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yes, the other great unknown is whether or not he’s going to tweet out something that will make even the Republicans cringe. He has such a high opinion of himself that his Twitter remarks are a stream of consciousness. The irony is the longer this drags out, the more likely it becomes that Trump will tighten his own noose.
yeah, look at how bad things have gotten after just one week since pelosi announced the inquiry. i hope the house drags this out as long as they can

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I fear what he will do when he realizes he is cornered. He seemed absolutely unhinged earlier. This will only get worse.
I agree.

But he may be so deranged mentally that he doesn't accept or believe he is cornered even when he is. How could the greatest man ever to walk the earth be cornered? That may be our saving grace.

Let's hope when he does realize the game is up they have a straight jacket handy.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
At this point, I'd be ok with it if George Soros and Jeff Bezos got together and approached Trump's Cabinet: How much do we need to pay y'all to declare him unfit?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
The real resolution is for the next president and legislature to get together and establish actual rules for how a president must behave. Trump has gotten away with so much because "Hey he's not breaking any laws! It doesn't matter that all the other presidents have done it."

It could be really easy. Instead of relying upon incoming individuals to willingly implement a blind trust, mandate that such a thing happen. Instead of relying on someone to willingly post their tax returns, make it required. Instead of pearl clutching at overt statements over the latest social media network, make it illegal, with clear ramifications. For so long we have had a hero mentality when it came to the individuals elected president. We are now finding out what happens when a zero is elected.
The Department of Justice' s OLC memorandum that a sitting President cannot be indicted should be removed from record and forever forgotten.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Earlier today, CNN was saying that leaks from WH staff indicate that he doesn't understand what's going on. His Civil War/Coup remarks seem to indicate that...
Luckily his base does not either so nothing could go wrong from his off-the-cuff remarks.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
i think you are lowballing it. besides, it's just a part of the libtard echo chamber
Dude didn't you get the message. We are making Tidefans a Republican Safe Space since we were WAYYYY to Mean to them for the last 10 years with our logic , facts, and our wit. This is why they post that they secretly want us to be Auburn fans, so they can Fully hate us instead of 3/4ths hate us.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
https://www.dailywire.com/news/gop-...ook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

We’ll see what happens with this, most likely nothing.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/bomb...ook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

No comments on this? It seems removing due process for your enemies is all well and good, but one day these weapons will be used on everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Due process has been and will be followed. When I see it not followed I'll cry along with you. Until then...I don't see the problem. Schiff knew. Big deal. The constitution doesn't require what the republican leader suggests Pelosi do. Wah.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Due process has been and will be followed. When I see it not followed I'll cry along with you. Until then...I don't see the problem. Schiff knew. Big deal. The constitution doesn't require what the republican leader suggests Pelosi do. Wah.
This is ultimately the same tactic as was used on the Supreme Court Justice: trust me, I don’t have any factual evidence, but he did what I am saying he did. Whistleblower gets to remain anonymous so the claims aren’t questioned or investigated. Not even taking into consideration Pelosi’s, “the President has to have a chance to exonerate himself.” Isn’t it the other way around, they have to prove he’s guilty? I’m not talking about, “ We all know what he really meant on that phone call” nonsense either. Once we start settling for less than absolute proof of guilt we are all doomed.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
This is ultimately the same tactic as was used on the Supreme Court Justice: trust me, I don’t have any factual evidence, but he did what I am saying he did. Whistleblower gets to remain anonymous so the claims aren’t questioned or investigated. Not even taking into consideration Pelosi’s, “the President has to have a chance to exonerate himself.” Isn’t it the other way around, they have to prove he’s guilty? I’m not talking about, “ We all know what he really meant on that phone call” nonsense either. Once we start settling for less than absolute proof of guilt we are all doomed.

The standards are up to Congress. This is a political process, not a judicial one. If Democrats overstep they will pay or the American people will pay - one or the other.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
The standards are up to Congress. This is a political process, not a judicial one. If Democrats overstep they will pay or the American people will pay - one or the other.
I responded in the other thread with a poll that showed a majority of the people polled thought the impeachment inquiry was simply to hurt his chances at reelection. You could be right, this could backfire on them in later elections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.