Politics: The Trump Impeachment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This thread is ridiculous. Trump won't be impeached. Not gonna happen, no matter how much many of you want it to. He's done nothing impeachable! The whole thing is a political tactic, because the dems have no answer to the great job Trump is doing. If the dem controlled house wants to impeach him simply because they don't agree with him, it won't work. If he were impeached, and Pence became president, Pence would name a vice president. So then if Pence were impeached, Nancy Pelosi would not become president. Pence's VP would. The only way Nancy becomes President, is if the president and vice president both die in a plane crash or something like that. It's why you never see the president and vice president ride together. Nancy would be a horrible president, and I'm glad that will never happen. The whole impeachment thing is nothing but scam and blather. It's a tactic Nancy herself describes how it's done. It's a tactic built on lies.

Let's do as I did with OJ Simpson even before he was actually arrested - let's get down to the irreducible minimum:

If Trump is actually innocent, why is he acting so damned guilty?

The rest of the show is going to be another parallel with the OJ Simpson case, too - probably right down to the acquittal.

Of course, I would remind everyone that OJ DID eventually wind up wearing a jump suit and getting visits from the chaplain, too.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Let's do as I did with OJ Simpson even before he was actually arrested - let's get down to the irreducible minimum:

If Trump is actually innocent, why is he acting so damned guilty?

The rest of the show is going to be another parallel with the OJ Simpson case, too - probably right down to the acquittal.

Of course, I would remind everyone that OJ DID eventually wind up wearing a jump suit and getting visits from the chaplain, too.
My prediction and recall I predicted impeachment before he was elected. He will be impeached that is certain at this point but barring any additional revelations he will make it through the Senate trial without being removed. He will lose 2020 and be prosecuted by the State of NY for financial crimes and the Feds for Obstruction and Election laws, he will not get a pardon from the new Democrat President

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
My prediction and recall I predicted impeachment before he was elected. He will be impeached that is certain at this point but barring any additional revelations he will make it through the Senate trial without being removed. He will lose 2020 and be prosecuted by the State of NY for financial crimes and the Feds for Obstruction and Election laws, he will not get a pardon from the new Democrat President
I hope that this plays out exactly as you have written. IMO, it would better for all of our country and both parities if he loses in the general election.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I hope that this plays out exactly as you have written. IMO, it would better for all of our country and both parities if he loses in the general election.
I fear what Trump may do before the election if it becomes obvious he is going to lose. Or what he may do after he has lost. He reacts so much like Hitler that it makes me very nervous. I’m probably overreacting but the sooner he’s removed from office the better IMO.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I fear what Trump may do before the election if it becomes obvious he is going to lose. Or what he may do after he has lost. He reacts so much like Hitler that it makes me very nervous. I’m probably overreacting but the sooner he’s removed from office the better IMO.
Based on his cruel nature and lawless behavior to date, combined with what appears to be psychological instability, you fears are well founded.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
hell, i fear what he may do this weekend. unfortunately, that seems to be a significant factor his supporters find appealing.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Based on his cruel nature and lawless behavior to date, combined with what appears to be psychological instability, you fears are well founded.

I do worry he is planning his own Reichstag Fire but I take solace in the fact that his crew of idiots can't seem do much right

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Judge Napolitano shows Fox and Friends the rules and how Shiff is following them appropriately

https://www.thedailybeast.com/judge...ing-the-rules-written-by-gop?via=twitter_page

[COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]After Republican members of the House [/COLOR]literally stormed the gates of the impeachment hearings[COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)] on Wednesday, Judge Andrew Napolitano stopped by [/COLOR]Fox & Friends[COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)] Thursday morning to deliver a harsh wake-up call: Democrats are just “following the rules”—rules written by Republicans. [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]“I read the House rules,” Napolitano said. “And as frustrating as it may be to have these hearings going on behind closed doors—the hearings over which Congressman Schiff is presiding—they are consistent with the rules.” [/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]“They can make up any rules they want?!” Brian Kilmeade replied. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]Speaking more slowly, Napolitano told him, “Well, they can’t change the rules, they follow the rules.” He went to explain that those rules were last written in January 2015 when Republicans held the majority and the Speaker of the House was John Boehner.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]“The rules say that this level of inquiry, this initial level of inquiry, can be done in secret,” Napolitano said, effectively dismantling the primary talking point of both Fox News and the Trump White House. “Secret evidence doesn’t work in this world, so eventually there will be a public presentation of this,” he added, “at which lawyers for the president can cross-examine these people and challenge them.” [/COLOR]

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Judge Napolitano shows Fox and Friends the rules and how Shiff is following them appropriately

https://www.thedailybeast.com/judge...ing-the-rules-written-by-gop?via=twitter_page

[COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]After Republican members of the House [/COLOR]literally stormed the gates of the impeachment hearings[COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)] on Wednesday, Judge Andrew Napolitano stopped by [/COLOR]Fox & Friends[COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)] Thursday morning to deliver a harsh wake-up call: Democrats are just “following the rules”—rules written by Republicans. [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]“I read the House rules,” Napolitano said. “And as frustrating as it may be to have these hearings going on behind closed doors—the hearings over which Congressman Schiff is presiding—they are consistent with the rules.” [/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]“They can make up any rules they want?!” Brian Kilmeade replied. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]Speaking more slowly, Napolitano told him, “Well, they can’t change the rules, they follow the rules.” He went to explain that those rules were last written in January 2015 when Republicans held the majority and the Speaker of the House was John Boehner.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]“The rules say that this level of inquiry, this initial level of inquiry, can be done in secret,” Napolitano said, effectively dismantling the primary talking point of both Fox News and the Trump White House. “Secret evidence doesn’t work in this world, so eventually there will be a public presentation of this,” he added, “at which lawyers for the president can cross-examine these people and challenge them.” [/COLOR]

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
I do worry he is planning his own Reichstag Fire but I take solace in the fact that his crew of idiots can't seem do much right
Something similar to the fire = national emergency = consolidate power = call off elections.
I use to think this was the stuff of conspiracy theorists, but unfortunately it seems entirely plausible.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Something similar to the fire = national emergency = consolidate power = call off elections.
I use to think this was the stuff of conspiracy theorists, but unfortunately it seems entirely plausible.

i find it sort of funny that alot of the crazy conspiracy crap folks were throwing around about the clintons and obama is actually taking place now. they were projecting all along ;)

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
i find it sort of funny that alot of the crazy conspiracy crap folks were throwing around about the clintons and obama is actually taking place now. they were projecting all along ;)
Had a conversation last night that involved a some of that... and I'd never heard of much of it. I tracked down the source this morning.... debunked theories originating from Breitbart [emoji849]

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
hell, i fear what he may do this weekend. unfortunately, that seems to be a significant factor his supporters find appealing.
I totally agree with this. They take glee in how he keeps rational people off-balance. Why do you think they elected an ignorant reality TV show star to be president, anyway? It's all for the show, mayne. I've never seen such inane reasons for voting for a candidate...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Had a conversation last night that involved a some of that... and I'd never heard of much of it. I tracked down the source this morning.... debunked theories originating from Breitbart [emoji849]

I had to go back and scrounge around to find out what the hell they were talking about with 2016 and Ukraine. Found out he and Rudy had picked it up off harebrained far right sites. He at least semi-believes this crap...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

a.m. talk radio is the gift that will keep on giving ;)

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I had to go back and scrounge around to find out what the hell they were talking about with 2016 and Ukraine. Found out he and Rudy had picked it up off harebrained far right sites. He at least semi-believes this crap...
Daily Beast or Vox put together a great genesis of this, how it started on 4chan and evolved to what we see today, I'll dig around and see if I can find it again

Blueguitar

3rd Team
Nov 19, 2017
Except that I'm truly afraid of what he might do if he is in office until then. He seems to get progressively more unhinged all the time. Plus, unless he loses in a complete landslide, he will stir up his base some more with groundless claims of election fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.